PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem.....:)

Untouchable11
10-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I have a problem guys.. I just installed my Ascendant Audio Atlas 15 yesterday in my dorm room, and I just set a car alarm off outside:D .... BTW, it sounds awesome, simply awesome...

PV Audio
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
as much as i like them, it didn't set off an alarm.

Untouchable11
10-03-2005, 09:39 PM
actually it did, windows open in my room, and 25 feet from the car...

Raven
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Probably was a cheap car alarm, but hey, congrats.

JimJ
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Say hi to your RA for me.

SSS 18734
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
man. you have serious problems. that really sux :D

Untouchable11
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
My RA is actually cool as hell. He was the first person I showed when I installed it. He was the first one to crank it up. He just said don't bump it at night, and we shouldn't have any problems..

JimJ
10-03-2005, 10:03 PM
That's the key. I never bumped very loud at night on weekdays, and never had one problem.

The only complaint I ever got was the girl that lived above me complaining on St. Patty's Day when I had the theme from Boondock Saints cranked up to about 11...:)

I should have told her I'd really make her bed vibrate if she had a problem with it, but, alas...

Ah...I miss those days in the dorms sometimes :D

PV Audio
10-03-2005, 10:11 PM
lol frost. but i beg to differ that a home subwoofer 25 feet away in a room would be able to set off a car alarm ;)

analogkid
10-04-2005, 12:38 AM
room gain silly.....

JimJ
10-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Which wouldn't matter once you step outside of the room :D

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 12:44 AM
room gain silly.....
bah completely forgot!

patton422
10-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Some alarms are just really sensitive... I set one off from a range of 20 ft with 600 watts to 2 type S 12's sealed (i think i set it off there was no other explanation, my friens thought i did too)

Untouchable11
10-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Which wouldn't matter once you step outside of the room :D

The great thing is, its not really loud in my room... Very tight, accurate bass after tweaking it with the crossover... It sounds great inside, but as soon as you step outside, it rumbles like a mother... 6.5^3 tuned to 20 Hz is awesome....:crazy:

IamDeMan
10-04-2005, 08:20 AM
as much as i like them, it didn't set off an alarm.
Maybe his box is just better than anything you have built. Here you go again knowing it all and basically calling someone a liar when you don't know many variables if any to the situation.

RandyJ
10-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Wellll, a semi truck at the stop light set off an alarm just by driving past, and it was about 50ft away, on his jake brake though. So BOO YAA :P

Congrats on loving your system man. Although it may not be the best to some, you love it and that s all that matters. Just remember to be polite, respectful, responsible and careful. Don't wanna **** anyone off and you certainly do not want to lose your equipment to some jackass.

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Maybe his box is just better than anything you have built. Here you go again knowing it all and basically calling someone a liar when you don't know many variables if any to the situation.
explain this to me then. he is in an enclosed room. he play a tone that in a car could potentially set off an alarm. where does the bass go? It goes into the building, not out the window. any vibrations of that high of a pressure in a room would not likely set off an alarm. because the bass is absorbed by the walls. if you cared to notice, two other people share my viewpoint. thanks, and have a great day.

IamDeMan
10-04-2005, 11:26 AM
explain this to me then. he is in an enclosed room. he play a tone that in a car could potentially set off an alarm. where does the bass go? It goes into the building, not out the window. any vibrations of that high of a pressure in a room would not likely set off an alarm. because the bass is absorbed by the walls. if you cared to notice, two other people share my viewpoint. thanks, and have a great day.
It is still not cool to call someone a liar without knowing the full situation or having witnessed it. Keep your **** assumptions to yourself. I could careless how many people you think share your viewpoint, it doesn't make you look any less of an @$$ than you are.

tRiGgEr
10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Blah, I've set off a car alarm from about 50 feet away in my house with 2 18's. Might have been the football I threw at it though :uhoh:

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
It is still not cool to call someone a liar without knowing the full situation or having witnessed it. Keep your **** assumptions to yourself. I could careless how many people you think share your viewpoint, it doesn't make you look any less of an @$$ than you are.
so now that i proved you wrong, you begin acting like you didn't embarrass yourself, nice logic.

IamDeMan
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM
so now that i proved you wrong, you begin acting like you didn't embarrass yourself, nice logic.I don't see where you proved me wrong. I didn't embarass myself. You're acting like a tool as usual. I am sure under some circumstances his scenario can be duplicated. You have yet to prove to me it isn't possible. Rare I will give you, impossible I won't. So without knowing absolutely, you are just assuming and acting like an @$$.

tommyk90
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I only had one complaint last year. And it was from somebody on the floor below me......on the other end of the building. ;)

prioracy
10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
oh boy that tommy always causing trouble!

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't see where you proved me wrong. I didn't embarass myself. You're acting like a tool as usual. I am sure under some circumstances his scenario can be duplicated. You have yet to prove to me it isn't possible. Rare I will give you, impossible I won't. So without knowing absolutely, you are just assuming and acting like an @$$.
i dont care under ideal circumstances, i am talking THIS one, and everyone who builds a subwoofer for their musical enjoyment, not trying to set off car alarms outside of their buildings. everything else is irrelevant. making the situation optimal for something that is secondary is unimportant. knowing my neighbor has a 15" avy in a sofaclosure in his HT room ABOVE his garage, mind u, and has never set anything off...i'm going to bet he hasn't either. the walls and floor will damp most of the vibrations. so, again, the chance that he did this especially in a setup that is even able to fit a dorm room is 99.998% unlikely. ever wonder why people complain about loud bass in dorms? maybe because those vibrations are being ****** up by the walls of their rooms. not really sure what else u need for me to convince you, but i'm 99.998% sure that this didn't happen.

IamDeMan
10-04-2005, 04:04 PM
i dont care under ideal circumstances, i am talking THIS one, and everyone who builds a subwoofer for their musical enjoyment, not trying to set off car alarms outside of their buildings. everything else is irrelevant. making the situation optimal for something that is secondary is unimportant. knowing my neighbor has a 15" avy in a sofaclosure in his HT room ABOVE his garage, mind u, and has never set anything off...i'm going to bet he hasn't either. the walls and floor will damp most of the vibrations. so, again, the chance that he did this especially in a setup that is even able to fit a dorm room is 99.998% unlikely. ever wonder why people complain about loud bass in dorms? maybe because those vibrations are being ****** up by the walls of their rooms. not really sure what else u need for me to convince you, but i'm 99.998% sure that this didn't happen.
It doesn't matter what you say, it is all speculation and assumption. The stars could have been lined up that day and he could of gotten a BJ from Jenna Jameson for all I OR YOU know. It's clearly another case of you just running off at the mouth about how you know so **** much more than anyone. I fully understand the physical and sonic properties you are telling me(before you said anything mind you), but didn't think about chastising the original poster on the odds, because I wasn't there.

tommyk90
10-04-2005, 06:34 PM
oh boy that tommy always causing trouble!

I tend to do that alot. :crap:

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 06:43 PM
It doesn't matter what you say, it is all speculation and assumption. The stars could have been lined up that day and he could of gotten a BJ from Jenna Jameson for all I OR YOU know. It's clearly another case of you just running off at the mouth about how you know so **** much more than anyone. I fully understand the physical and sonic properties you are telling me(before you said anything mind you), but didn't think about chastising the original poster on the odds, because I wasn't there.
running off at the mouth...yes... about how i pioneered acoustics...DEFINITELY!

IamDeMan
10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
running off at the mouth...yes... about how i pioneered acoustics...DEFINITELY!
I sure hope that was sarcasm. If not, it's the funniest thing I have read in a while.

PV Audio
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
you are a complete moron if you can't figure that out :uhoh:

******* u are thick headed

IamDeMan
10-05-2005, 07:44 AM
you are a complete moron if you can't figure that out :uhoh:

******* u are thick headedUm oviously I thought it was sarcasm you nitwit, but without the smiley and with your almighty attitude I was making sure. You have no room to talk about thickheaded. Last time it took me 2 pages for you to finally realise why it's important to make cabinets look good even when they're for your own personal use and not a customer. You have to be the most dense piece of **** in this place and to make it worse you just talk and talk and talk, even when it's apparent that you shouldn't.

KngOfThePkngLot
10-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Um oviously I thought it was sarcasm you nitwit, but without the smiley and with your almighty attitude I was making sure. You have no room to talk about thickheaded. Last time it took me 2 pages for you to finally realise why it's important to make cabinets look good even when their for your own personal use and not a customer. You have to be the most dense piece of **** in this place and to make it worse you just talk and talk and talk, even when it's apparent that you shouldn't.
AMEN!!

adio
10-12-2005, 08:19 PM
there's an easy way to settle this.......... just try to make the sub set off another car alarm and then u can see if it was u or someone/thing else;)

Untouchable11
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
No use, im not trying to **** people off again.. I've already had three different girls come down and complain... It would be different if they were attractive girls that came down, but these bishes were Ugly!

adio
10-12-2005, 08:29 PM
No use, im not trying to **** people off again.. I've already had three different girls come down and complain... It would be different if they were attractive girls that came down, but these bishes were Ugly!
what A re you powering it with?? nobody even asked that.

Untouchable11
10-12-2005, 08:32 PM
250 W plate amp from Rythmik Audio with a rumble filter, or some ****..?

adio
10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
holy **** burgers!!! what is your box tuned to and is it larger than recommended for HT? also, did you have any problems ordering directly from rythmik audio??

PV Audio
10-12-2005, 09:10 PM
**** burgers.....?

adio
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
**** burgers.....?
yeah, like holy hump candy or holy jizz trees

PV Audio
10-12-2005, 09:43 PM
lol aight

Untouchable11
10-14-2005, 12:10 AM
holy **** burgers!!! what is your box tuned to and is it larger than recommended for HT? also, did you have any problems ordering directly from rythmik audio??

6.5 cubes tunes to ~ 19 Hz.. I ordered the amp off of their ebay store.. No problems at all...

I am working on a cam for a little p0rn..