PDA

View Full Version : head unit with the masking feature

airtas
10-03-2005, 03:27 PM
i had a kenwood mp919 and it had a motorized hidden faceplate

i love that feature i was 99.9 % decided on the kenwood xcelon x889 but it lacks this feauture

whats cd players still have the masking?

XtrmAudioCncpts
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
i think only kenwood has a flip around masking feature but most all hu faceplates come off so it looks hidden

tRiGgEr
10-03-2005, 03:29 PM
A lot of the new kenwoods do not carry the function. Check out the kenwood web site and brows through the models.

airtas
10-03-2005, 03:34 PM
A lot of the new kenwoods do not carry the function. Check out the kenwood web site and brows through the models.
wonder why they stopped the feature it was cool

squeak9798
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Because it was a POS. My Kenwood mask broke 5 times in 6 months. It was in the shop more than it was in my car.

Most worthless piece of car audio equipment I've ever owned.

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM

It is a pretty much un-needed feature... If someone was not an idiot, and noticed that there actually was a HU of some form there, they could steal it and have the face and all with it. But with a detatchable face plate, they can get the HU but wont be able to use it because they can not get a face for it.

Slaugh
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
people complained about issues with them like they wouldn't return to it's place and the price to fix was a sob... and besides it overprices the head unit too much and only a retarded thief not to realize there's a phantomface hu there.... also the fact that he steals the entire combo since the faceplate doesn't come out, gives him more money for his drugs...

i guess that's it

would i acquire a phantomface hu? yes... the 7998... why? because the SQ from it destroys the sq from any other Alpine MP3 HU

it ***** because higher end HU's whether the faceplate doesn't come out or it's phantomface... feck :(

tRiGgEr
10-03-2005, 03:41 PM

A lot of faulty units. I owned 2 D-masks and had zero problems with them. But on some units the motor would stop working and jam.

airtas
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Because it was a POS. My Kenwood mask broke 5 times in 6 months. It was in the shop more than it was in my car.

Most worthless piece of car audio equipment I've ever owned.i had mine for 4 yrs and it never broke

airtas
10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
people complained about issues with them like they wouldn't return to it's place and the price to fix was a sob... and besides it overprices the head unit too much and only a retarded thief not to realize there's a phantomface hu there.... also the fact that he steals the entire combo since the faceplate doesn't come out, gives him more money for his drugs...

i guess that's it

would i acquire a phantomface hu? yes... the 7998... why? because the SQ from it destroys the sq from any other Alpine MP3 HU

it ***** because higher end HU's whether the faceplate doesn't come out or it's phantomface... feck :(
whats the 7998?

Slaugh
10-04-2005, 01:19 PM
whats the 7998?
THIS hu

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5874/799813ov.jpg