PDA

View Full Version : rounding edges with router - yay or nay?

fancynapkin
10-02-2005, 12:22 PM
I have a black und decker firestorm router, w/ a 1/4" round over bit. Would it be worth while to round over my box? Im worried about ****ing it up, and/or hitting the screw heads, but I think the results might be really cool. Any thoughts?

Buckshot
10-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I think they look good when all rounded out. Screwheads: If they are too high, Sink them some-more. ****ing it up: If you don't think you can do it, the end result isn't going to be all that promising. Take your roundover, play with some scrap wood, get the feel for it, and go to town on your box. Its a roundover with a guide wheel though right?

fancynapkin
10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I think they look good when all rounded out. Screwheads: If they are too high, Sink them some-more. ****ing it up: If you don't think you can do it, the end result isn't going to be all that promising. Take your roundover, play with some scrap wood, get the feel for it, and go to town on your box. Its a roundover with a guide wheel though right?

roger that, its got a little wheel on it.

azbass
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
if you counter sunk the holes deep enough before putting in the screws, you should be fine with not hitting the screw heads, and yes, the box would look better covered with rounded edges

boister77
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
be sure to fill your countersink holes before rounding out the corners. it much easier to do it first than after the corners are rounded out.