PDA

View Full Version : Dayton RS set vs Diamond Hex vs JL XR650-csi vs typeX vs others...

OlogyAudio
09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Asked squeak about this and he never commented about this topic lol so I guess it is safe???

Anyways here's the link:
http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=22280&fid=7

I have a set on the way to Mike from Soundsplinter for him to look at and review for me -- if for some strange reason he doesn't just buy it on the spot, stock some -- and stick them in his car... they will be going to Squeak next -- along with audiolife/others in the area :)

twoohfour
10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
bump for Dylan ... read this ... it's true =]

Eugenics
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Im excited to see you growing, it wont be too long before i hear about you gaining some good market share. i can't wait too get a set for myself... i kick myself everday for not buying a pair! (then i kick my cat)

OlogyAudio
10-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Im excited to see you growing, it wont be too long before i hear about you gaining some good market share. i can't wait too get a set for myself... i kick myself everday for not buying a pair! (then i kick my cat)

Hey how about you compare them to those DLS :yumyum: -- thn the only other comp I'd need to kick square in the nuts would be rainbow... :veryhapp:

Eugenics
10-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Hey how about you compare them to those DLS :yumyum: -- thn the only other comp I'd need to kick square in the nuts would be rainbow... :veryhapp:

i plan on it... just got another job today i think.

let me tell you though, it ***** going from 20-30 an hr too 6/hr.... thats college life though

GSteg
10-11-2005, 04:38 AM
I love the Daytons. By far the best for the money!

cheeseburger35
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
PS anyone that wants the xovers to look sexier... it can be arranged for a price you know...

when i asked you about this you said.. i dont know why you would want them to look good.. or something... so did you figure out a way for them to look nice?... if i'm spending 180bucks on x-overs then i hope i could mount them in public....

Eugenics
10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
when i asked you about this you said.. i dont know why you would want them to look good.. or something... so did you figure out a way for them to look nice?... if i'm spending 180bucks on x-overs then i hope i could mount them in public....

there 300 dollar speakers that beat out 600 dollar speakers and on up... your not paying for image, your paying for imaging... and getting a hell of a deal at that

OlogyAudio
10-11-2005, 10:18 PM

Not to mention thats not counting the 3-4 hours its takes to assemble them (the ugly ones) + the materials costs for some massive quality xovers... and the month designing them :)... or the customer service :) Go look and see how much rainbow platinum xovers cost... then decide if they are worth the extra money for a few extra features and a pretty box :) if it is... it can be arranged just for you...

Should put prices into some better context :) I'm making less than minimum wage at this point... but I'm just trying to get my name out there :) -- money will start raking in after I start producing these things on a scale as costs will drop... Granted distribution will tack on a nice little markup but it will still be a better deal than the other high end comp sets :) (yes at this point they will look reasonable atleast)

Ignatowski
10-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Not to mention thats not counting the 3-4 hours its takes to assemble them (the ugly ones) + the materials costs for some massive quality xovers... and the month designing them :)... or the customer service :) Go look and see how much rainbow platinum xovers cost... then decide if they are worth the extra money for a few extra features and a pretty box :) if it is... it can be arranged just for you...

Should put prices into some better context :) I'm making less than minimum wage at this point... but I'm just trying to get my name out there :) -- money will start raking in after I start producing these things on a scale as costs will drop... Granted distribution will tack on a nice little markup but it will still be a better deal than the other high end comp sets :) (yes at this point they will look reasonable atleast)

If you can get them Xovers to resemble a finished product you'd be smokin
Maybe look into a plexi box or something...........:naughty:

twoohfour
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
For the people doubting the price ... just wait til he's selling similar sets retail for $700 a set, might be in a prettier box then, but ... you'll see then :)

OlogyAudio
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
For the people doubting the price ... just wait til he's selling similar sets retail for $700 a set, might be in a prettier box then, but ... you'll see then :)

wow -- this man knows whats going on here :D

my current price ends up being less than minimum wage if you consider all the time I put into making these products quality (with quality support)

Ignatowski
10-14-2005, 06:44 AM
all of the above mentioned are excellent speakers
Install is half the SQ anyways

swc204
10-14-2005, 04:52 PM
did mike ever do a review on them? if so a link would be good....

OlogyAudio
10-14-2005, 07:07 PM
did mike ever do a review on them? if so a link would be good....

He has a set -- just been too busy to get them installed in a way that he can listen to them... hope it isn't too long :)