PDA

View Full Version : looking for a $300-350 set up

nas786
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Can anyone recommend what setup to go with? I'm looking for 6.5 components, 6.5 rear coax, and an amp to power it all. I want something with softer tweets, no harsh highs.

Also, the jetta has tweeters for the rears, but if i were to go with components up front AND in the rear, would that be too much/unnecessary?

Dozy_production
10-02-2005, 03:34 PM
i dont have any suggestions for you on the components. Rear fill is not neccessary for you. (my opinion.) If you want your backseat passengers to hear the music over the sub in the trunk (if you have one) then yes you could conisder a rear fill.

SSS 18734
10-02-2005, 03:39 PM
components in the front and back would be nice, but arent really necessary. You could get away with running a set of coaxials off the head unit for rear fill and devoting your amplifier to your front stage.

FoxPro5
10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
i dont have any suggestions for you on the components. Rear fill is not neccessary for you. (my opinion.) If you want your backseat passengers to hear the music over the sub in the trunk (if you have one) then yes you could conisder a rear fill.

Agreed. Remember you are listening to a STEREO signal - that means two. Also, your back speakers might be actually closter to your ears than the fronts which has the effect of pulling the sound stage down and back rather than up and out.

Just my $.02, good luck w/ your set up;)

Trancer
10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Agreed. Remember you are listening to a STEREO signal - that means two. Also, your back speakers might be actually closter to your ears than the fronts which has the effect of pulling the sound stage down and back rather than up and out.

Just my $.02, good luck w/ your set up;)

Stereo means to channels, not two speakers there buddy. Left and right

twoohfour
10-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Ology Components

that's exactly what you want, for sure, without a doubt.

get them and be extremely happy with them =]

around $310 shipped for a set of the best sounding Components you'll ever hear

... and i've never heard them before

...but i'm sure they are.

Decado
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Definitely ology components, these things are unbelievable, i'll get a review up sometime this week.

flakko
10-11-2005, 12:24 AM
...Rainbow?