PDA

View Full Version : Moving speakers from rear deck into rear doors

WillyG4444
09-29-2005, 11:42 AM
I currently have 2 rear speakers (stock 2 ways) in the rear deck. If I were to take them completely out and get 2 new speakers, one in each rear door, would it have an effect on the overall sound in the car? Would it decrease the overall effect because the rear deck speakers are firing upwards as the ones in the doors are going ----> that way. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

60ndown
09-29-2005, 11:45 AM
leave em where they are and get an amp on them.moveing then into the doors is not going to help anything.

tRiGgEr
09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
The only sound aspect that will be effected is imaging/aiming. For the rear passengers the sound will be coming from the doors rather than the rear deck. Your rear fill imaging will sound different also. More muffled and unclear, as they are no longer in your line of sight/hearing.

Not a horrible idea, just not worth the extra effort of installing them in the door.

WillyG4444
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok, I guess I should have mentioned I'm trying to get a bit more air out of the trunk. I thought it might help reduce rattling of my trunk.

Chevyaudio
09-29-2005, 11:50 AM
That wont help, Just get some good deadener, and deaden the hell out of your trunk. and possibly your doors, while your at it....

tRiGgEr
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I thought it might help reduce rattling of my trunk.

Nope. Wont cut it.