PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experiance with rainbow?

hellbender
09-28-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm really interested in this deal with rainbow that someone I know has going on. I'm interested in the cmx 465 extremes or the extreme kicks. I dont mind spending $400 on a set of new speakers but if I am going to be spending that kind of money (which is alot for me) I just want to make sure I wont be dissapointed.Will these speakers sound good(I.E high resolution,clarity and detail w/excellent midbass response) and get loud with my xenon 200.2 amp with 200 wrms per channel going to them? Will they be good for classic rock,metal,soft rock,trance and alternative? How would these compare to boston acoustic pro60's? I did get a chance to listen to the pro60's and I liked them alot, plus I can get them for about $100 less then the cmx's.I'm pretty happy with my a/d/s 236 IS speakers now but they wont handle 200wrms and the silk tweeters arn't loud enough because they're located in the kick panels. I just want to make the right decision. Any and all opinions welcome, thanks

skierxx5556
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I dont have experience with the CMX's but I currently own the Profi Kickbass model and have owned an older set of contours, and let me tell you that they are both some of the best sounding speakers that I have ever delt with. The CAL 26 tweet is extremely smooth and detailed and can get **** loud! The kick bass mid also produces an awesome amout of midbass and is very accurate. Im sure that the CMX's will not dissappoint you.

Raven
09-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Same story with their lower line, the SLC. Just an amazing sound.

Decado
09-29-2005, 02:58 AM
If you're willing to spend 400 bucks talk to ologyaudio about his Dayton RS custom component set.

OlogyAudio
09-29-2005, 03:01 AM
If you're willing to spend 400 bucks talk to ologyaudio about his Dayton RS custom component set.
well its a bit less - - and there are cheaper options (a little over $100 less) -- just so long as you can do better than that I already have something for you -- if you can't manage that... I need an excuse to design something ultra budget by my standards newho... -- something silverflute + vifa tweeter? or lpg? -- awesome value type thing ;) -- see if a 2nd order filter sounds alright -- save a good deal more money if it does...

Savstyle
09-29-2005, 03:03 AM
i dont have any experience with the cmx's but i love my soundlines. My tweet is really smooth and mid sounds great for being unamped

Decado
09-29-2005, 03:06 AM
well its a bit less - - and there are cheaper options (a little over $100 less) -- just so long as you can do better than that I already have something for you -- if you can't manage that... I need an excuse to design something ultra budget by my standards newho...

Well ya, but if he's willing to spend 400 he'll be willing to spend ~375.

OlogyAudio
09-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Well ya, but if he's willing to spend 400 he'll be willing to spend ~375.

...... need to buy a large quantity of xover parts -- or possibly just get a huge batch of xovers made to my spec for me on PCBs -- possibly in boxes -- that look better? possibly get the price where I want it :) -- you didn't even give me time to edit and add more info did ya? ;)

Decado
09-29-2005, 03:15 AM
...... need to buy a large quantity of xover parts -- or possibly just get a huge batch of xovers made to my spec for me on PCBs -- possibly in boxes -- that look better? possibly get the price where I want it :) -- you didn't even give me time to edit and add more info did ya? ;)

Lol, hey, come on now, i didn't know you were going to edit :) .

hellbender
09-29-2005, 05:18 AM
ology: I think little black plastic boxes for your xovers would be sweet! sent you a pm :) will your drivers fit in a 6.5" location? thanks

OlogyAudio
09-29-2005, 11:49 AM
ology: I think little black plastic boxes for your xovers would be sweet! sent you a pm :) will your drivers fit in a 6.5" location? thanks

In terms of mounting diameter -- the 7" fits in most 6.5" locations... and if it doesn't... the 6" will :)

Depth is another issue though... many cars require spacers -- some it won't fit regardless and will require some sort of kick or speaker pod...

Well little black boxes cost too much for such a low quantity :( unless someone wants to find a good place that does smaller batches and won't charge an arm and a leg... if you find one let me know and I'll use it :)

3.5Max6spd
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm really interested in this deal with rainbow that someone I know has going on. I'm interested in the cmx 465 extremes or the extreme kicks. I dont mind spending $400 on a set of new speakers but if I am going to be spending that kind of money (which is alot for me) I just want to make sure I wont be dissapointed.Will these speakers sound good(I.E high resolution,clarity and detail w/excellent midbass response) and get loud with my xenon 200.2 amp with 200 wrms per channel going to them? Will they be good for classic rock,metal,soft rock,trance and alternative? How would these compare to boston acoustic pro60's? I did get a chance to listen to the pro60's and I liked them alot, plus I can get them for about $100 less then the cmx's.I'm pretty happy with my a/d/s 236 IS speakers now but they wont handle 200wrms and the silk tweeters arn't loud enough because they're located in the kick panels. I just want to make the right decision. Any and all opinions welcome, thanks

the cmx set you are considering are not stocked by the current distributor in the US