View Full Version : better mid - bass or whatever

dru
09-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Anyways my current set up involves:

clarion dxz745mp
crystal csc60s powered by planet audio amp
adire shiva 1.0 cuft sealed box powered by jbl amp
knukonceptz wiring all around

I feel as if there is not enough mid bass.. I want to add possibly 8 inch woofers for more of a kick i guess. How do i go about doing this.. building two enclosures? running free air? wiring it to my rear output or suboutput? just wnat to kno what other guys ahve done.

plus i have really done research on 8 inch woofers... ive been readin on peerless alot.

any kind of help works.

thx guys

Raven
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
You will need a seperate amp. You also need to bandpass the midbass between where the sub leaves off and the mids pick up. If your comp amp can low or high pass it's RCA preouts *Assuming it has them* then you can get away without an external crossover.

BTW nice setup, Shivas are awesome.

dru
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
thx man

You also need to bandpass the midbass between where the sub leaves off and the mids pick up. .

and... By this you mean what? If you can explain this a bit more in detail I'd appreciate it.

Sorry about my last post's 'typing ignorance' I just got done hitting a J earlier. heh

ToyTundra
10-02-2005, 08:25 PM
bandpass= lowpass and high pass at the same time.

ex: 75-250 Hz.
Low pass =250Hz
Highpass=75Hz
The driver will only play a frequency within that range. Note: I just randomly picked those frequencies.

OlogyAudio
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyways my current set up involves:

clarion dxz745mp
crystal csc60s powered by planet audio amp
adire shiva 1.0 cuft sealed box powered by jbl amp
knukonceptz wiring all around

I feel as if there is not enough mid bass.. I want to add possibly 8 inch woofers for more of a kick i guess. How do i go about doing this.. building two enclosures? running free air? wiring it to my rear output or suboutput? just wnat to kno what other guys ahve done.

plus i have really done research on 8 inch woofers... ive been readin on peerless alot.

any kind of help works.

thx guys

Get the peerless cheap through me I'm tryn to get the price down to about $50/ea :)

dru
10-02-2005, 11:33 PM
bandpass= lowpass and high pass at the same time.

ex: 75-250 Hz.
Low pass =250Hz
Highpass=75Hz
The driver will only play a frequency within that range. Note: I just randomly picked those frequencies.

okok thats what i thought thx

**** i hate being in school