PDA

View Full Version : Port aiming *pics*

fozzymuphet
09-28-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm getting ready to design my box and i was wondering which way to aim my ports? Here's some pics of what my box will generally look like to give you some clue of what i'm asking.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/Fozzy6/Box1.jpg
This is with the ports fireing straight into the car. The side you see is the back of the box and will be inside of my trunk.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/Fozzy6/Box2.jpg
In this picture you can see i've moved my ports so that they fire to the left side of the car where there will be some trunk space and maybe my amp. I've also moved my amp to the far right to compensate for the ports.

Not: These pics are not drawn to scale. They are just to give you the general shape of my box so i can find out which way i should fire my ports.

Question #1: which should be louder in the cabin?

Question #2: which one will be loudest outside?

Question #3: which one will give the most spl?

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Its hard to answer any of those questions. If you have a box currently, try positioning it differently to see where you feel it is the loudest, then face your ports in that direction.

Is this a car, and the box will be in the trunk?

Hook Me Up
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
face them towards the tailight in any car, that way you get the most vibration, however in a SUV or a hatchback that could be different - Ne car with an enclosed trunk that is!

ruckus
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
face them towards the tailight in any car, that way you get the most vibration, however in a SUV or a hatchback that could be different - Ne car with an enclosed trunk that is!
now if you going for dash metered from the trunk and your seat folds down wouldnt you want it firing towards the dash?

btw my ports fire up towards the rear deck of my car through the holes where the 6x9s use to be.

fozzymuphet
09-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Since this is partially a tailgate car i think i'll try aiming them towards the side so i can show off the ports. I'm guessing it's all trial and error so if it's not loud enough i'll just make another box...