PDA

View Full Version : best component choice

iver729
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm looking to get new components and have narrowed it down to a few choices. I'm looking for good sq, as i already have 2 perfect 10.1's for bass.

Here are my choices:

CDT CL-61
Phoenix Gold Xenon's
Alpine Type-R
Mb Quart DSE-216

Just let me know what set would give me the best performance and if there is any other choices out there for around the same price.

Jdizzle
09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
mb quart makes some nice stuff, havent heard the particular ones you have listed but others that i've heard i was quit impressed with, i've heard good things about the Xenons as well, i doubt the type r comps are to the same level as the PGs of MBs but i cant be to sure.

netherland24
09-27-2005, 08:03 PM
NO DONT GET HTE DCE series GET THE PREMUIMS they rock
alpines are ncie LOUD bot not very quality

XtrmAudioCncpts
09-27-2005, 08:04 PM
i have boston acoustic pros and i love them. i had diamonds and i think they really lacked mid bass and the tweeter sounded harsh sometimes. bostons have great mids and awesome highs

bigbangtheory
09-28-2005, 11:18 AM
The dce series is the low end of the mb quart line. But have to say mighty impressed with those as they are my rear fill. Cant go wrong for a 100 bucks for those. But check out the cdt's if not on a budget. Alpine r's arent bad either but the x's are the way to go. They retail for around 400 though to where I got mine at 175. Good luck on your choice. Peace!