PDA

View Full Version : Alpine HU (not 2005 line)

Darkness
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a little old car, and I was trying to hold off until I got a better one to get a HU, but I can't deal with playing tapes and repetetive Florida radio stations anymore! With that being said, I've done some research (google and good ole:search: ), and for price/performance/looks, I have decided to go with Alpine (but nothing from their 2005 line which I've read is pretty wack). I've narrowed it down to alpine's 981x decks and their 983x decks.

My 1st question is, which models fall under those categories (981x or 983x)? I think the 983x series comes as the 9830, 9831, 9833, and the 9835.
Is the difference between the 981x line and 983x line based on model year?
Is there some website where I can do side-by-side comparisons? It seems like I can only do that for the newer models, but I'm looking to compare the slightly older ones.

In terms of...

NEED:

WMA support
detachable face
Must be fold down face, where the CD ejects from behind the faceplate, not the ones that have the spot for the CD built right into the face, like most of the cheaper model HU's
CD Text and MP3/WMA Tag Informtation Display
at least 4V pre-out

WANT:

Sirius support
green or selectable illumination
motorized face
i-Personalize

Now those are my "tangible" preferences. If you have any experience with any of those decks, please speak on:

Difficulty of navigating and displaying song text (ID3 tag or CD text). I understand that's a relative thing, but any input would be appreciated
Readabilty during the day (in regards to direct/indirect sunlight)
WMA/MP3 load times
any reliablity issues or other important random notes

I'm really excited because I have a great collection of music that's waiting to get pumped in the hooptie, but I've never really gotten the chance. Once I settle on an HU or 2, I will be leaving every rock unturned in order to get the best price and then install it ASAP!:thumbupw:

PS: I remember when the Phantom Face decks came out, I was in love. Only problem is, at that time WMA support wasn't really a big thing, so maybe that's why they didn't include it. But if they ever brought out a newer model with WMA support I'd probably be all over it.:yumyum:

Slaugh
09-27-2005, 01:13 PM
well the 9835 is the 9815 actually... and i think 9833 is the 9813, although they are all the same hus internally (they use the same internal components if i recall now)...

alpine has been going downhill on the last years, i would stay away from 05 line... 9835 seems to be the best choice so far, despite it's gay look and ****, it doesnt have the weak preouts of the 9813/9815...

but if you REALLY want a good sounding hu (note here we're talking about SQ), well then dude, go for 7998 or 7878... for real, i've been only hearing amazing stuff about these hu's... they are 01/02 lines,b ut they have a MUCH better SQ than the newer ones... (if MP3 aint a matter search for 7892 or 7949 or even the most acclaimed of all, the old skool 7909)

too bad 7998 has a known issue of motorized face plate wearing off and the 7878 uses the F1 transport which seems to give people headache after some time...

i'd still sacrifice everything for the SQ... Alpine has been in the market for years and has been well known for HIGH SOUND QUALITY PRODUCTS and not FANCY LOOKING DECKS...

if you want also go for an Eclipse HU, ive been hearing they have a much better SQ than these new alpine decks but i highly doubt they can beat the older alpines...

well, it's up to you

edit: oh and FYI, I-Personalize IS definetely the WORST technology EVER built into a deck... and the 9815 and 9835 have problems with mp3 load times (2-3 seconds)...

dbhittin
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
i just got a CDA-7892, i just get it tomorrow in the mail and i will let u know how it works.. looks like a decent deck

AVSTANG02
09-27-2005, 03:06 PM
well the 9835 is the 9815 actually... and i think 9833 is the 9813, although they are all the same hus internally (they use the same internal components if i recall now)...

alpine has been going downhill on the last years, i would stay away from 05 line... 9835 seems to be the best choice so far, despite it's gay look and ****, it doesnt have the weak preouts of the 9813/9815...

but if you REALLY want a good sounding hu (note here we're talking about SQ), well then dude, go for 7998 or 7878... for real, i've been only hearing amazing stuff about these hu's... they are 01/02 lines,b ut they have a MUCH better SQ than the newer ones... (if MP3 aint a matter search for 7892 or 7949 or even the most acclaimed of all, the old skool 7909)

too bad 7998 has a known issue of motorized face plate wearing off and the 7878 uses the F1 transport which seems to give people headache after some time...

i'd still sacrifice everything for the SQ... Alpine has been in the market for years and has been well known for HIGH SOUND QUALITY PRODUCTS and not FANCY LOOKING DECKS...

if you want also go for an Eclipse HU, ive been hearing they have a much better SQ than these new alpine decks but i highly doubt they can beat the older alpines...

well, it's up to you

edit: oh and FYI, I-Personalize IS definetely the WORST technology EVER built into a deck... and the 9815 and 9835 have problems with mp3 load times (2-3 seconds)...

You are not allowed to speak about Alpine products.

Until you get a clue.

JLCivic
09-27-2005, 05:41 PM
The 9835 seemed to improve upon the weak pre out issues that many had with previous models(including the 9815).

I would buy an eclipse(05 stuff has a sirius tuner available, great sound, great warranty available).

Darkness
09-27-2005, 05:48 PM
I would buy an eclipse(05 stuff has a sirius tuner available, great sound, great warranty available).

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone suggested Eclipse. For the features that I need, the eclipse units are out of my price range, but don't get me wrong, they seem to be great HU's from what everyone says. However, for my needs, and my price range, it's just not a good look.

JLCivic
09-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone suggested Eclipse. For the features that I need, the eclipse units are out of my price range, but don't get me wrong, they seem to be great HU's from what everyone says. However, for my needs, and my price range, it's just not a good look.

Sorry I didn't see the detach face part(although how effective that is is an entire other discussion). Eclipse has decks that are 5V/sirius ready/mp3/motorized face for $229 authorized.

You do have to go up to the 5435($349) to get wma capability.

What is your budget and have you also considered Clarion. If you could have found a clarion 835 from a couple of years ago, it would have fit your needs(cheap).....good deck too.

Buy an alpine if you want, but honestly, your research didn't take you very far if you are still considering the 981X series, imo. There were plenty of people who had issues with weak pre outs. If I had to buy an alpine from the past few years, I would grab a 9835.

02Corvette
09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Speaking of old school Alpine HU's...

Try to pick up a clean used 78XX series Alpine off here.

Slaugh
09-27-2005, 09:04 PM
You are not allowed to speak about Alpine products.

Until you get a clue.
get on my clue plz

Darkness
09-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Sorry I didn't see the detach face part(although how effective that is is an entire other discussion). Eclipse has decks that are 5V/sirius ready/mp3/motorized face for $229 authorized.

You do have to go up to the 5435($349) to get wma capability.
I decided against going with the eclipse because for what I need, it's out of my price range. I'm looking to spend between $200-$225 (including tax, shipping, etc). Money is tight (when is it not?) so even though I love that 5435, no way am I dropping $349 right now. If WMA support wasn't important to me, I'd be able to consider a much wider range of decks. For example I was considering the 2004 line of Eclipse's, but they lack WMA support, plus I have read where there's no pause button or something like that. Also, I read where with the 983X series, you can search for an mp3/wma while playing one, which would be an excellent feature to have with the 100 or so songs I have on each disc

What is your budget and have you also considered Clarion. If you could have found a clarion 835 from a couple of years ago, it would have fit your needs(cheap).....good deck too.
I didn't consider Clarion, because it seems that when people rank HU's, it's behind Eclipse and the older Alpine's. Now I'm sure certain Clarion HU's beat out certain Eclipse's and Alpine's, but overall, they seem to be behind Eclipse and Alpine.
I googled that Clarion DXZ835MP and it seems to have the feature set I'm looking for, but 1) I've seen where people have said it's very slow to load mp3's, and as I said, most of what I play will be mp3/wma CD's, so that's a big no-no right there, and 2) I'm not feeling the aesthetics, and before anyone here flames me, I do consider that to be somewhat important. I also read a lot about reliability issues, with it choking on discs, display problems, etc. It fits in my price range and has the features I deem necessary, but with the slow mp3 load times (major) and being that I personally like the look of the eclipes and alpines better (minor), I don't think I'd go with the Clarion DXZ835MP , but thanks for the suggestion.

Buy an alpine if you want, but honestly, your research didn't take you very far if you are still considering the 981X series, imo. There were plenty of people who had issues with weak pre outs. If I had to buy an alpine from the past few years, I would grab a 9835.JL, this is the 1st thread I've read that mentions the pre-out issues. I searched many forums and google, but better late than never, so thanks for that bit of info. That more or less rules out the 981x series for me then.

Try to pick up a clean used 78XX series Alpine off here.It appears the 78XX series doesn't have at least one of the features I consider a necessity, WMA support.

I just want to re-emphasize that I specified at the start of the thread what is an absolute neccessity for me, so I won't consider any HU's that don't at least have those features. I tried to make my inquiry here very clear and organized, so if anyone could touch on some of the other issues I raised in the opening post, please do so.

I really appreciate the advice thus far though, keep it coming y'all!

Darkness
10-04-2005, 11:36 AM
bump

skierxx5556
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
I have a 9815 and love it! How would I be able to tell if my preouts were bad?

Slaugh
10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I have a 9815 and love it! How would I be able to tell if my preouts were bad?
are the gain for your sub on the amplifier cranked too high?

JLCivic
10-04-2005, 06:42 PM

Many people who buy decks are purchasing their first one so they have zero frame of reference for where gains should be....or it is possible that the pre outs on his 9815 are ok(but given the # of complaints I saw, I think it was an issue with that model....and other alpines...seemed to be fixed last year though).

Slaugh
10-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Many people who buy decks are purchasing their first one so they have zero frame of reference for where gains should be....or it is possible that the pre outs on his 9815 are ok(but given the # of complaints I saw, I think it was an issue with that model....and other alpines...seemed to be fixed last year though).
the problem haunted some 2002 and 2003 models... was fixt on 2004 line thou.... b

$$mok3d
10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
i have a cda7892 sitting in my room with no wiring harness. still in working order. i used it in my old car and i really like how alpines head units are set up. i like my lil touch screen and all but my jvc is nowhere near the sq of an alpine unit.

Slaugh
10-04-2005, 08:13 PM
7892 is one huge classic in my country among the SQ fans... i tried talking about it here but people said nonsense **** about it...

i guess the alpine SQ reference hu's are (excluding the F1): 7909, 7939, 7949, 7969, 7892, 7998

why oh why did i have to buy a 9815 :(

$$mok3d
10-05-2005, 07:40 PM
i got the 7892 for 70 bucks from a firend wooot. im gunna order another harness for 20 bucks and install it to see if there is any difference from my jvc. didnt know it was a moderate sq head unit. i think my friend got it for around 300 new but that was years ago. i dont think it has mp3 capabilities but hey its worth a try.

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 08:31 PM
i got the 7892 for 70 bucks from a firend wooot. im gunna order another harness for 20 bucks and install it to see if there is any difference from my jvc. didnt know it was a moderate sq head unit. i think my friend got it for around 300 new but that was years ago. i dont think it has mp3 capabilities but hey its worth a try.
it's not a moderate SQ hu.. well at least it can't be since it won the Iasca in my country :eek:

not to mention people here are SQ fans much nore than SPL fans (like in US for example) and they all hail 7892 and say the only hu that ties with it in SQ level is the 7998... still some others say 7892 has better SQ

alpine once surprised us with good quality products :(

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
it's not a moderate SQ hu.. well at least it can't be since it won the Iasca in my country :eek:

not to mention people here are SQ fans much nore than SPL fans (like in US for example) and they all hail 7892 and say the only hu that ties with it in SQ level is the 7998... still some others say 7892 has better SQ

alpine once surprised us with good quality products :(

Again, the "legend" of the 7892's sq seems to be only coming from you. I have not seen all of these posts regarding this exalted status. It was an entry level deck from a few years ago. Out of the last 4-5 years, The 7949/7969 get the most press for sq as far as Alpines go.

Is the 7892 a different head unit in your country? "They all hail the 7892 and say the only alpine that ties it in sq is the 7998??" You cannot be serious. I am on the following forums:

Sounddomain
caraudioforum.com
icixsound.com
canadiancaraudio.com
elitecaraudio.com
here
termpro
carsound

and I have NEVER seen that particular model given huge praise as an amazing sq deck. This seems to be an example of perpetuating a myth.

Again, that was an entry level deck(the 7893 and 94 were above it...and I believe the 7995 was out in the same year). WHY would the 7892(entry level) have better sound than 3-4 models above it from the same year?

It makes zero sense. I think many decks could be capable of winning iasca competitions. There are SO many factors that can go into winning any sq competition.

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 09:06 PM
sorry, i always was half askeptical about it due to it's price and everything... but dude it's like everyone in this forum i visit say it, then something must be special about this hu...

one here with a good pair of ears could get one for a test and then come up with the results to us... maybe this way we all would be more assured about this...

don't get mad at me, im just spreading the word... if you want i could try and convince them to share their opinions on this HU here...

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
oh and it IS one of the most searched HUs for SQ here... among with clarion 9255 and some Naks/mcintoshs for example...

we have good SQ fans, you must think we're all monkeys or something, i wish i could prove you we have people with good ears and money enough to afford a good system...

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 09:14 PM
sorry, i always was half askeptical about it due to it's price and everything... but dude it's like everyone in this forum i visit say it, then something must be special about this hu...

one here with a good pair of ears could get one for a test and then come up with the results to us... maybe this way we all would be more assured about this...

don't get mad at me, im just spreading the word... if you want i could try and convince them to share their opinions on this HU here...

I am not mad at you. You are just spreading something that I have seen zero indication of other than your say so. I have been on some of the forums for 4 years. It is an entry level deck so in many cases, it could very well be the first and only deck many have used. They would have no frame of reference at all. I remember when that deck came out. The forums were just starting to get some complaints on the "weak sub pre outs" from some alpines. The more popular model of that year was the 7894. The only people who were buying the 7892 were just those who either didn't have the $$$ for the more expensive models or just did not need/care about more features. NOBODY ever insisted that model was in any way better sounding than the higher end models in alpine's line.

Honestly, I think if you went on some forums with some older members such as carsound.com or even elitecaraudio.com(this forum IS pretty young, imo), and hyped the 7892 as some amazing sounding unit, they would think you are nuts. I you. I would take any eclipse ever made over an 7892 because I think Eclipse, overall, simply makes a better sounding deck. If I could get a 7949, etc, I wouldn't mind picking one up to check it out.

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
oh and it IS one of the most searched HUs for SQ here... among with clarion 9255 and some Naks/mcintoshs for example...

we have good SQ fans, you must think we're all monkeys or something, i wish i could prove you we have people with good ears and money enough to afford a good system...

A 7892 as popular for sq as a Nak, 9255 or a Mac? That model MUST be different from the 7892 released in this country. That has to be the case.

I have to ask this, how do you think it possible that somehow Brazil sq guys have realized that a 7892 is comparable to a 9255/Nak/Mac, etc and nobody else has? Alpine probably sold a ton of those decks, and nobody on the boards since I have been around them has mentioned it in the same sentence(not even close) as the other decks you mention.

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 09:21 PM
I am not mad at you. You are just spreading something that I have seen zero indication of other than your say so. I have been on some of the forums for 4 years. It is an entry level deck so in many cases, it could very well be the first and only deck many have used. They would have no frame of reference at all. I remember when that deck came out. The forums were just starting to get some complaints on the "weak sub pre outs" from some alpines. The more popular model of that year was the 7894. The only people who were buying the 7892 were just those who either didn't have the $$$ for the more expensive models or just did not need/care about more features. NOBODY ever insisted that model was in any way better sounding than the higher end models in alpine's line.

Honestly, I think if you went on some forums with some older members such as carsound.com or even elitecaraudio.com(this forum IS pretty young, imo), and hyped the 7892 as some amazing sounding unit, they would think you are nuts. I you. I would take any eclipse ever made over an 7892 because I think Eclipse, overall, simply makes a better sounding deck. If I could get a 7949, etc, I wouldn't mind picking one up to check it out.
yeah lol i try to pick the correct words when im posting here... i know eventually i sound nonsense, but im just saying what a majority in my country say... i thought the same would apply here, but now i see 7892 doesn't have here references in SQ

if you could read portuguese i'd link you to the threads...there are inumerous about the "legend"

maybe it's just regional differences :D

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
A 7892 as popular for sq as a Nak, 9255 or a Mac? That model MUST be different from the 7892 released in this country. That has to be the case.
it's not

in fact we only had Alpines made here in the 80's i guess... every recent alpine we have is imported from US, hence the price we pay for them :crying:

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 09:25 PM
it's not

in fact we only had Alpines made here in the 80's i guess... every recent alpine we have is imported from US, hence the price we pay for them :crying:
This baffles me then. It has the same dacs and pre outs(and they are far from legendary themselves) as most other decks in that year for alpine. I just don't see how THAT deck could sound better than even the higher priced alpines of the same year(again, pretty much same internals).

I dunno....Boy if I had known this, I could have stocked up on 7892s and then just sold them to Brazil sq guys.:D

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
heh i made a thread about this on this forum i visit that hails the 7892... well, let's see their reply this time... maybe they even register to post here to discuss about it...

once again let me explain im just saying what i've been always told... it always seemed true to me for the amount of people who claimed so and also for the fact the good SQ alpines are all in the past... needless to say 7909, 7949, etc...

skierxx5556
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM

They are a little bit past half way is that to much?

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
heh i made a thread about this on this forum i visit that hails the 7892... well, let's see their reply this time... maybe they even register to post here to discuss about it...

once again let me explain im just saying what i've been always told... it always seemed true to me for the amount of people who claimed so and also for the fact the good SQ alpines are all in the past... needless to say 7909, 7949, etc...

Most everybody will agree that the best sounding alpines are from the past. I think most people who rave about the newer alpines are more concerned with # of features for the money as opposed to how the thing might actually sound.

ngsm13
10-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Slaugh...

Are you a tard? Honestly.

I agree you should never be able to talk about Alpine products. You mis-represent them with your poor attempts at knowledgeable conversation.

The 7892 was one of the BARGAIN BIN HU's from the 2002 model year. I mean, I purchased a 7894 (two steps up from it...) and it didn't have too many SQ features at all. It had weak pre-outs, and time correction. Also, a HPF and a LPF. That's it.

Also, the 9815 and the 9835 are COMPLETELY different. COMPLETELY.

Totally different interfaces, totally different adjustability, and different features. The 9835 is one of Alpine's last great main-market HU's...as far as general quality and SQ go. I mean, I sold TWO 9835's for around $275 shipped in early 2005 (before new models were out). Now, that all the REAL enthusiasts know what's going on...they sell for $350-$450 used on ebay.

The 9835 is the way to go though. 3-way fully selectable xover (so you can run active setup). EQ, great pre-outs, GREAT adjustability, great to use, tons of features.

NG

Slaugh
10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
but we're not talking about SQ features... for most SQ enthusiats, their systems sounds better totally flat and without any other sound customization/boost/loud/whatever... what other SQ features are there to have? unless you consider screensaver and other features as SQ features?

so i guess the HU that sends the best SQ signal to the amplifiers gets the prize... and im sure some hus with a lot less features than others that are much more expensive and fancy, can have a much greater SQ... just think how it can have much better internal components that results in better sound fidelity than other that has lots of other features not based on SQ...

that may be why they love this 7892... i personally havent heard it... luckily someone here has and will tell us how they do sound...

but from now i'll keep my mouth shut about this... i think i still have to listen to it before talking about it...

JLCivic
10-05-2005, 10:24 PM
but we're not talking about SQ features... for most SQ enthusiats, their systems sounds better totally flat and without any other sound customization/boost/loud/whatever... what other SQ features are there to have? unless you consider screensaver and other features as SQ features?

so i guess the HU that sends the best SQ signal to the amplifiers gets the prize... and im sure some hus with a lot less features than others that are much more expensive and fancy, can have a much greater SQ... just think how it can have much better internal components that results in better sound fidelity than other that has lots of other features not based on SQ...

that may be why they love this 7892... i personally havent heard it... luckily someone here has and will tell us how they do sound...

but from now i'll keep my mouth shut about this... i think i still have to listen to it before talking about it...

Yes, definitely listen to that deck(compared to some others.......if you can find an eclipse, listen to that).

I have found that a system that is flat sounds horrible to the ear(this is not the same as your deck being set flat).

By your reasoning, the cheaper decks in a product line should sound better because they have fewer features. Alpine did not put more expensive components in their entry level deck, however. I think there is probably a pretty big difference in the internals of a 7892 and say, my 8250(which retailed for about 5-6 times that of a 7892 when it was released on the market).

An entry level alpine has X # of features and a certain level of quality of the components.

a 9255 or a Macintosh has X # of features and a certain level of quality for its components.

The latter two decks are significantly more expensive than a 7892, and honestly, Alpine has not figured out how to make a $200-$300 entry level deck sound better(or as good) as a $1000 or above clarion/mac/nak or whatever.

I am not saying more money always means better sound(since I think an entry level eclipse sounds better than other decks costing 2-3x more), but you are talking entry level and the elite decks on the market. I will say this, if you(or anyone else) is happy with the cheaper deck, by all means, save your money an don't buy the more expensive one.

mefisto002
10-05-2005, 11:11 PM
but if you REALLY want a good sounding hu (note here we're talking about SQ), well then dude, go for 7998 or 7878... for real, i've been only hearing amazing stuff about these hu's...

Hmmm Really ?

I had the alpine cda 7998... now I have the alpine cda 7949 and the alpine cda 7969...

are you kidding me ?, the alpine cda 7998 can't touch my alpine cda 7949 or my alpine cda 7969.....very very big difference...

the sound quality of the alpine cda 7998 is not very good, the peouts are weak. I just sold it .

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/alpinephx-h700003.jpg

mefisto002
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM

Nope there is not comparation....One more thing even my alpine cda 7939 is way better than the alpine 7892.....why do you think the alpine 7892is a good radio,,,why ?(totally wrong)

One more picture :

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/alpinephx-h700007.jpg

mefisto002
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM
And slaugh, Don't forget : the alpine 78xx series is alpine low end line , and the alpine 79 xx is high end line......

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
nice pics mephisto, i already had them saved here.. so they were your pics heh...

im posting all you guys are telling me to those guys of that forum, let's see what they will say...

i noticed you live in Torrance California, and that's where alpine is, isn't it? are you related to it by any chance?

Darkness
10-06-2005, 10:02 AM
I think my thread has been hijacked something serious

mefisto002
10-06-2005, 02:40 PM
nice pics mephisto, i already had them saved here.. so they were your pics heh...

im posting all you guys are telling me to those guys of that forum, let's see what they will say...

i noticed you live in Torrance California, and that's where alpine is, isn't it? are you related to it by any chance?

Yes Alpine is in Torrance california, also eclipse (fujitsu-ten), kenwood about 20 minutes from here, clarion about 15 minutes from Torrance,,,Denon was around this area, but they moved a few months ago.

and yes those are my pictures (I have more), from my Gmc Safari van.....

Have a nice day sir.

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 07:11 PM
made the thread there

http://stforum.com.br/index.php?showtopic=51330

the guys kept their word (learn some portuguese and you will see im telling you the truth)... this is only for you to see im not bullshiting or anything... was just telling what i was told many times

perhaps one SQ fan here could do one audition on this HU and tell us the results...

JLCivic
10-06-2005, 07:22 PM
made the thread there

http://stforum.com.br/index.php?showtopic=51330

the guys kept their word (learn some portuguese and you will see im telling you the truth)... this is only for you to see im not bullshiting or anything... was just telling what i was told many times

perhaps one SQ fan here could do one audition on this HU and tell us the results...

I translated the page with babbelfish. It was still pretty tough to read, but I found this interesting(by interesting I mean funny)

"Slaugh... a lesson pra vc to take pra all the life. Never, never exactly, but without excessão, nunquinha, it considers the opinion of Americans as reference, when the subject is SQ. SQ in 4 U.S.A. takes subs of 15", 4 kits 2 ways, and escambau the 4.

American is without notion, a covered being exactly. E in this area, is more easy to take the Europeans in consideration, pq they is more sensible... "

Yeah, that's it. The American's aren't sensible when it comes to SQ so ask some Europeans. Is this how they explain why out of the bazillion 7892s sold in the US, NOBODY has ever mentioned anything great(nevermind legendary) about that model's sq. How can this be? Oh wait, it is because Americans are all interested in 15" subs.???????????

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I translated the page with babbelfish. It was still pretty tough to read, but I found this interesting(by interesting I mean funny)

"Slaugh... a lesson pra vc to take pra all the life. Never, never exactly, but without excessão, nunquinha, it considers the opinion of Americans as reference, when the subject is SQ. SQ in 4 U.S.A. takes subs of 15", 4 kits 2 ways, and escambau the 4.

American is without notion, a covered being exactly. E in this area, is more easy to take the Europeans in consideration, pq they is more sensible... "

Yeah, that's it. The American's aren't sensible when it comes to SQ so ask some Europeans. Is this how they explain why out of the bazillion 7892s sold in the US, NOBODY has ever mentioned anything great(nevermind legendary) about that model's sq. How can this be? Oh wait, it is because Americans are all interested in 15" subs.???????????
don't take any antecipated conclusion about me bro... it's their opinion, i didn't even agree with that... but i agree most users in this forum (not sure if this forum represents well american's taste on car audio) are mostly huge SPL fans... and that's why i still take more consideration on my compartriots opinions about SQ, but i also ask here because you guys have easier access to SQ products that we can't have even dreaming here (seriously, car audio is VEEEEEEEERY overpriced here compared to the states)

it's rare to see someone here with more than 2 subs, and in this forum i say i usually see people with 2 or 4 subs or more...

peace

JLCivic
10-06-2005, 07:52 PM
don't take any antecipated conclusion about me bro... it's their opinion, i didn't even agree with that... but i agree most users in this forum (not sure if this forum represents well american's taste on car audio) are mostly huge SPL fans... and that's why i still take more consideration on my compartriots opinions about SQ, but i also ask here because you guys have easier access to SQ products that we can't have even dreaming here (seriously, car audio is VEEEEEEEERY overpriced here compared to the states)

it's rare to see someone here with more than 2 subs, and in this forum i say i usually see people with 2 or 4 subs or more...

peace

Yes, most people on THIS forum are probably into SPL, but I am basing my posts on reading several forums(some more SQ oriented).

mefisto002
10-06-2005, 08:03 PM

peace

I have only one subwoofer, not 2 or 4.

Alumapro bp-12,,,,,single bandpass subwoofer.,,,,,,,

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 08:41 PM
hey mefisto lol i saw your post there...

speak english please... thou spanish is very close to portuguese it's still much more difficult for us to read than english is, so please...

hope im not starting any forum war or such

mefisto002
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
hey mefisto lol i saw your post there...

speak english please... thou spanish is very close to portuguese it's still much more difficult for us to read than english is, so please...

hope im not starting any forum war or such

Nope LOL.

My friend is from Brazil.........and I do speak Spanish..

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 08:54 PM
so is that your friend or you posting there?

AVSTANG02
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I thought they spoke french in brazil? :confused

Slaugh
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
^ lol dumb canadian

mefisto002
10-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I thought they spoke french in brazil? :confused

LOL French in Brazil...LOL.

mefisto002
10-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Pictures of my old system : alpine cda 7998 and alpine 190 processor:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/mbnjnhju.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/mnmjkl.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/mnmjkl.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture261.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture283.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture284.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture286.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture297.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/o.jpg

mefisto002
10-07-2005, 01:41 AM
More pictures of my alpine cda 7949 head unit and the alpine era-g320 processor:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/alpinephx-h700013.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/alpinephx-h700014.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/f.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/g.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/j.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture053.jpg

And pictures of my alumapro bp-12 single bandpass Subwoofer:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture252.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture251.jpg

mefisto002
10-07-2005, 01:45 AM
And pictures of my sharp 10.1 inch flatscreen monitor:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture227.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/mefisto002/Picture245.jpg

mefisto002
10-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Sorry I can't find pictures of the alpine pxa-h700 processor(sold it about a year ago), and my alpine cda 7969 h/u.

Darkness
10-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Can we please get back to the topic at hand? My thread has gone way off, and still most of my questions have yet to receive responses. I am asking for the forums help here

$$mok3d
10-07-2005, 12:05 PM
i forgot all about Armored Core. My favorite video game ever.

Slaugh
10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
i forgot all about Armored Core. My favorite video game ever.
omg i remember that game

:uhoh:

Darkness
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Can You Please Take Your Personal Conversation Elsewhere So That I Can Actually Get Some Help! I don't know why you all have chosen to taken over my thread, but please if you are not going to assist with the actual topic take your issues elsewhere, thank you.

Slaugh
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
thanks but i liked your thread for parallel conversations

Darkness
10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
thanks but i liked your thread for parallel conversations

Can a moderator please lock this thread so that people like Scarface don't continue to hijack a thread for their own conversations:furious:

Ignatowski
10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
what happend to Alpine in 2005,they really went down the crapper...
They dont make any HUs that impress,and that glide bar is a huge mistake
and also WTF 1 model w 4v preouts?
sigh.............

Slaugh
10-12-2005, 10:22 AM
^ QFT

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/751/img20990er.jpg FTW

mefisto002
10-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Nice Radio Slaugh... how much did you pay for it ?
in brazil ?

Slaugh
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Nice Radio Slaugh... how much did you pay for it ?
in brazil ?
a rape in the ***... 1300 bucks, about 400 dollars... and it was used lol... things here are veeeery overpriced :(

oh btw i saw your post on the stforum.com.br lol, i told you those guys are loyal fans of the 7892... i saw you trying to argue with them about it and they never quit the idea the 7892 is the best sounding alpine of all hehe...

there is another thread about the how great the 7892 is on the Hi-Fi section of the forum.. you can check it out if you want...

you see i wasn't lying any of the time when i started saying that here lol

mefisto002
10-28-2005, 04:37 AM
a rape in the ***... 1300 bucks, about 400 dollars... and it was used lol... things here are veeeery overpriced :(

oh btw i saw your post on the stforum.com.br lol, i told you those guys are loyal fans of the 7892... i saw you trying to argue with them about it and they never quit the idea the 7892 is the best sounding alpine of all hehe...

there is another thread about the how great the 7892 is on the Hi-Fi section of the forum.. you can check it out if you want...

you see i wasn't lying any of the time when i started saying that here lol

Oh yes lol, They love the alpine cda 7892...I still don't know why.

Btw> in the future if you need an alpine head unit, just let me know. I can get you a nice head unit(brand new from alpine autorized dealer, one year warranty).

Peace.

Slaugh
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh yes lol, They love the alpine cda 7892...I still don't know why.

Btw> in the future if you need an alpine head unit, just let me know. I can get you a nice head unit(brand new from alpine autorized dealer, one year warranty).

Peace.
God bless you if you can bring us alpine for the american price... you will become a marthyr here :D

Dozy_production
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
how would the 9835 compare with eclipse 8445 with feature ease of use and sound? going to check it out soon just want to know before i make the drive to see it.

JimJ
10-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Depends on whether you're used to the Eclipse way of doing things or the Alpine :)

Slaugh
10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Depends on whether you're used to the Eclipse way of doing things or the Alpine :)
how do you compare the SQ of each? im curious to know... so far people leans more towards Eclipse when it comes SQ, but it's as rare as and fancy as ferraris in my country :crap:

Dozy_production
10-28-2005, 11:41 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking. I owned an alpine and liked the menu setup. didnt have the eclipse long enough (in working condition) to know how to do it. but thanks mate.