PDA

View Full Version : I have a predicament....

baseballer1100
09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I need some new speakers i have changed the genre i listen to to mostly like jack johnson..ben harper Dave matthews band and so on...I am trying to sell my sub and amp so i can buy new speakers my predicament is that i can't figure out the best speakers for this. I want them to be able to get loud in case i want to get a sub again but mostly i want sq..But still want them to get loud i will probably want to get an amp with them....The most i want to spend is 400. Does anyone have any ideas i have a 99 mountaineer if that helps.

OlogyAudio
09-26-2005, 03:33 PM
I need some new speakers i have changed the genre i listen to to mostly like jack johnson..ben harper Dave matthews band and so on...I am trying to sell my sub and amp so i can buy new speakers my predicament is that i can't figure out the best speakers for this. I want them to be able to get loud in case i want to get a sub again but mostly i want sq..But still want them to get loud i will probably want to get an amp with them....The most i want to spend is 400. Does anyone have any ideas i have a 99 mountaineer if that helps.

amp+speakers = 400?

lllusion
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
it can be done, with a 400 dollar budget.

some good components, a good amp.

cdtizgod
09-26-2005, 05:24 PM
cdt makes some real nice cheap comps, check thezeb.com and look into the cl comps. ive only run these against infinity kappa coaxs and boston rallys and by far the cdts blow them away. they get real loud if you dont mind sacrificing some of your mids, but if kept at a reasonable level the mids shine.

baseballer1100
09-26-2005, 07:54 PM
How are MTX's? There is this deal ant circuit sity buy one get half off i was going to get the comps for the front the come coaxils for the back

baseballer1100
09-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Scratch the mtx's how are these they are on crutchfield for 70 bucks a pair Alpine SPR-574A

cdtizgod
09-26-2005, 11:44 PM
alpines are ok, a buddy of mine has type s coaxs. to me, and this is just my opinion, they sound like real good stock speakers.

you should definetly try to listen to any speaker before you buy it because preferences vary from person to person.

are there any local private shops around you? you should def go look at the better brands typically carried by a private shop

Logikalliquid
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Alpine's Type R components get good reviews. Most people say go for the Type Xs if you possibly can.

If your going with a set of CDTs, try http://www.alteraudiousa.com . I've heard the CL series and sounded **** nice in the stock locations in a mustang. He's got the EF series for $200 right now:yumyum:. I just bought my HDs from him; great guy and shipped it out quick as hell.

bigbangtheory
09-27-2005, 12:47 AM
I have the alpine type x' s in my cavalier and the tweets sound amazing. Now if I can figure out my dang crossover I can get my mid to shine just like those do.

duckfart
09-27-2005, 01:37 AM
I bought some CDT 6.5 components for less than $100 off ebay they sound amazing

twoohfour
09-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Send a PM to OlogyAudio

Ask him about his custom component systems.

bikejunkie223
09-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Try:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JRXWlAbYj4M/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=410&I=107DB6500
and:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JRXWlAbYj4M/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=575P3002
and to hell with rear fill, use your stockers off deck power, I like the polk comps quite a bit, and the speakers (6 1/2) play real well down to 63hz or so.

cdtizgod
09-27-2005, 07:21 AM
yea u have a lot of options here...oh yea and the alpines i listened to were coaxs, i just realized i didnt mention that.

also, u can find infinity kappa comps for under 200 and they sound great if u dont mind a harsh and unforgiving tweet

baseballer1100
09-27-2005, 02:52 PM
So i was daydreaming and class today...And here is waht i want to do get a sound stage effect and put a tv up front so its just like a concert...I want to get some really good sq speakers i need all 4 I was thinking components up front then coaxils in the back? I like the CDTs or the Phoenix gold Xenon i ahvent heard them but i have heard good reviews i dont think im going to get an amp yet but i still want to keep it cheap like at the most 300 for all four...I know thats not alot but i dont want to spend that much money on this stuff i just want good quality sound

baseballer1100
09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
The local shops **** by the way so it will probably be over the internet

bigbangtheory
09-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Some local shops arent that bad. Depends on long they been there and if they hold a decent reputation. Hell I went to local shop of mine when all my **** got put on back order for weeks and told him about how much I was paying and he was like well I can get you just as good of product for just as less. I paid 125 a piece for my type r's and 50 bucks for a custom eclousure and 175 for my type x componets,which over the net they were 300 bucks. So tell them what you can get it over the net and if they can they will sell shi t dirt cheap to you.:greedy:

cdtizgod
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
if you want a great soundstage, no matter what set of comps u get, u should DEF look into cdt's imaging systems...super easy to install and they do such a great job at putting the music right in front of you face.

baseballer1100
09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah I will look into that what price are we talking?

Logikalliquid
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
That CDT upstage system is a patch for a bad install. If you can get your tweets placed how you like 'em, you should need that imaging system.

baseballer1100
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Im thinking the PG Xenons but i ahve no idea

Logikalliquid
09-27-2005, 09:31 PM
CDTs new kama series are supposed to sound just as nice as their CL line. Thats the only set I can find in that same price category that'll rival those xenons.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CDT-Audio-SAVE-MORE-KA-61-6-1-2-Components-GRADE-B_W0QQitemZ5799074839QQcategoryZ32819QQtcZphotoQQc mdZViewItem

baseballer1100
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Really I jsut want something taht sounds great for the money and goes loud

bikejunkie223
09-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Really I jsut want something taht sounds great for the money and goes loud
Great for the money and loud are often mutually exclusive. the only was to get clean & loud is with an amp. A head unit or factory radio will not give you what you are looking for, unless you have a different definition of sound quality, good, or loud than I do. Get some nice components, like Infinitys (x2 on the bright *** tweet!) The Polks I recomended, Alpine type whatever is *****in' this weeks, and use the factory speakers for rear fill, and juice them with 75w RMS or so, you will get loud and CLEAN, to me this is better than listening to good speakers distort from the head unit clipping.

cdtizgod
09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
well for someone(me) that is fairly new to the industry and doesnt have the cash or the know-how to install his\her system the best it can be installed, theyre awesome. not to mention who can argue with an extra set of tweets?

OlogyAudio
09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
well for someone(me) that is fairly new to the industry and doesnt have the cash or the know-how to install his\her system the best it can be installed, theyre awesome. not to mention who can argue with an extra set of tweets?
4 tweeters (2 of which highpassed at like 10khz or whatever those 'imaging' things are at... is far inferior to 2 tweeters positioned properly... but arguably better than most improperly positioned 2x tweeters :)