PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new.. Im dissapointed..

bushtree
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a set of MB Quart RSC 213 5.25" Comp set. I have installed them in the front doors of my truck. However i am pretty dissapointed by them. They seem to be lacking in the Midrange Horribly, and the tweets dont seem very smooth they are harsh on your ears (I have the crossover set at -3 for the tweets as well.)

As of right now my truck is lacking Midrange which ***** when you try to listen to Rock music.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reletivly cheap comp. set that will give me nice midrange and smooth tweeters? Im looking for things under$150.

Thanks,

Cris
09-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Hmm. Well, I have some boston acoustics speakers (fs60) that have silk tweeters, so the tweeter is much smoother than metal-based tweeters like those of MB quart.

They cost $150 or so on ebay (shipped). I think they make 5.25 size too, albeit a bit cheaper. They do decently well on midbass in my opinion, so long as you spend a good amount of time and work on deadening your doors and making sure they're in a very good install.

What part of san diego are you in? I'm in city heights near SDSU.

-cris

bushtree
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
In im Del Mar... near the beach lol.

djman37
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
did you check the wiring? The symptoms you described sound like the mids might be out of phase. 5.25's outta make plenty of midrange.

bigbangtheory
09-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah something is wrong with your wiring. Like that guy said check the phasing. Most all mb quarts are harsh to the ear. But I have to have harsh with the boom I put out. Might want to check into some polks.