PDA

View Full Version : alpine VS eclipse VS sony???need help?

FOSGATE JOE
09-25-2005, 09:49 PM
well guys i sold my alpine 9821 (cheap) hu.Now i need a good sq hu that can work with my stuff..fu-k got to go get my wife from work will give more 411 later ..any input will help

Slaugh
09-25-2005, 10:01 PM
well from what i heard so far in terms of SQ Eclipse is slightly ahead of Alpine which is strongly ahead of Sony

i'd go with Eclipse if you want SQ (actually im thinking of replacing my Alpien for one)

im really getting disgusted with gains and bass issues in my alpine hu...:(

OMG YOU SAID THAT AGAIN!!!!!!

Johnny Drama
09-25-2005, 10:03 PM
price range?

Loud3
09-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Sony shouldn't even be compared to Eclipse or Alpine.

6spdcoupe
09-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Depends which Sony...Old or new.

I personally would take Alpine out and replace it with Clarion.

Although Eclipse would still get my vote.

JLCivic
09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Depends which Sony...Old or new.

I personally would take Alpine out and replace it with Clarion.

Although Eclipse would still get my vote.
I can agree with that.

bamaboy
09-25-2005, 11:26 PM
i love my clarion 955 :)

FOSGATE JOE
09-26-2005, 12:14 AM
ok i don't want to pay more then $300 new or used i think i will go with eclipse any one got a hu for sale will have cash by 10/28 or the first of the month or a good place on the web too thanks guys for your post!

6spdcoupe
09-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Go to your local dealer and purchase it. You should be able to pick up a 5435 in the ballpark of your budget.

FOSGATE JOE
09-26-2005, 12:27 AM
cool thanks does eclipse have a web page?so i can look at that model?

6spdcoupe
09-26-2005, 01:03 AM
www.eclipse-web.com

Eugenics
09-26-2005, 01:06 AM
check out some of the specialty series sonys.... some of you might change your minds

6spdcoupe
09-26-2005, 01:20 AM
check out some of the specialty series sonys.... some of you might change your minds

I sell Sony, so I doubt it.

FOSGATE JOE
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
okay to day i got to go home because of rain :) so i went to a place called car audio + and thay sell eclipse and sony so i think i'm goin to go with sony maybe??????? i don't know the model but it has a 7 band eq and remote also 24dit too with other cool stuff .Next i'll look at alpine and rockford .So eclipse is out..

6spdcoupe
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Sony over Eclipse?????????

Eugenics
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
i have a sony just like that in my car and i like it alot better then the pioneer i switched out for the sony

x10... crazy i know, because i dont really like sony either

twoohfour
09-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Eclipse by far. I love my 8053... sad to sell it it's perfect.

FOSGATE JOE
09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
ok so does the eclipse 8053 really have a 30 band eq?? if it does '' WOW''never new thay had stuff like that for a h.u?

FOSGATE JOE
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
okay eclipse is backen again

FoxPro5
09-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Eclipse hands down by a land slide. I can say this b/c I have owned all three of the brands you have mentioned as well as others. IMO nothing can compete w/ Eclipse for sq. Overall I would say: Eclipse > Clarion > Alpine > Kenwood :cool:

FOSGATE JOE
09-30-2005, 11:32 PM
okay to day i went to Car Audio Plus and decided to go with sony the model is cdx-m7815x for$300(layaway *****!!!!) I think its great h.u because it has every think i wanted the bad part is i can't play it till the end of october owell.;(When i can pay the hole thing

diatribe
10-01-2005, 12:12 AM
For some reason the phrase "screwed the pooch" comes to mind.

unrealii
10-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I like my ecplise cd 8454. For $300, I would have bought a pioneer deh-p8600mp over that sony.

FOSGATE JOE
10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
For some reason the phrase "screwed the pooch" comes to mind.why do you say that????????that model has 7 band eq, 24bit+bass@treble remote and tilt angles which pioneer or eclipse didn't have well i'm happy!I know sony always brought my scrached c.d's back to life unlike my alpine h.u so i think that why i was leanen towards sony and the eclipse was nice but i didn't want to pay more$$$ for crap i'm not goin to use

3.5Max6spd
10-01-2005, 12:34 PM
why do you say that????????that model has 7 band eq, 24bit+bass@treble remote and tilt angles which pioneer or eclipse didn't have well i'm happy!I know sony always brought my scrached c.d's back to life unlike my alpine h.u so i think that why i was leanen towards sony and the eclipse was nice but i didn't want to pay more$$$ for crap i'm not goin to use

you overlooked the shitiest part of that Sony, the xovers...

For that price you could of had a more capable all around deck IMO

But it sounds like u like it, good luck...

FOSGATE JOE
10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
you overlooked the shitiest part of that Sony, the xovers...

For that price you could of had a more capable all around ...you know i was thinking the same thing^^^^^ but sence i have r.f i thought i would over look that??

JoseMCeee
10-01-2005, 01:02 PM
If I ever decide to get a new deck or when I get a new car, I will definatly get an eclipse deck. Especially now that they are coming out with the iPod adapters like Alpine has. The only bad thing about those decks are that the face doesnt come off or hide - i dont think - and I dont live in the best of neighborhoods.

JoseMCeee
10-01-2005, 01:14 PM
the clarion 855 is also a good deck for 360.

FOSGATE JOE
10-01-2005, 01:27 PM
If I ever decide to get a new deck or when I get a new car, I will definatly get an eclipse deck. The only bad thing about those decks are that the face doesnt come off or hide - i dont think - and I dont live in the best of neighborhoods.x1

chubby
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
the new alpines are horrible. its sad.

in the last two years quality has gone down tremendously.

why the HELL did you pick up that ****** *** sony deck for 300 bucks.
idiot.

Slaugh
10-01-2005, 02:15 PM

idiot.
you tell me

i've been thinking on trading my 2003 alpine for a 2001 or 2002 alpine hu... i know they have better SQ and look uglier (that's all i need)

PatFitz9
10-01-2005, 02:15 PM
i have an Alpine, an it's the ****... but i do think they are a little overpriced in recent years. oh well, they are still nice but expensive

JoseMCeee
10-01-2005, 03:04 PM
they arent the **** when u use something else. Trust me alpine is gone down pretty bad. I really have no idea why either. For example now the only 4 volt outputs are on the highest model 9855... pretty weird.

Slaugh
10-01-2005, 03:07 PM
they arent the **** when u use something else. Trust me alpine is gone down pretty bad. I really have no idea why either. For example now the only 4 volt outputs are on the highest model 9855... pretty weird.
just notice that the MSRP of the alpine top models has been declining on the last years... everyone complains that the SQ from their HU's has been declining badly throughout the years

wErd
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
haha i got an eclipse 8443 for $215shipped, and it is the best CD player Ive ever heard.

JoseMCeee
10-01-2005, 04:33 PM
haha i got an eclipse 8443 for $215shipped, and it is the best CD player Ive ever heard.

yea i have no doubt that they are probably the best decks out there but they should really make some models that hide the face or sumthin

wErd
10-02-2005, 03:04 AM
yea the volume knob on it blinks red whenever the car is off, so at night if someone walks up to my car looking for a stereo, its theirs.

schism13
10-02-2005, 03:43 AM
im sort of in this same boat.. im getting my new system in end of november (when the new xxx comes out), im down to Eclipse,Clarion,Alpine...im leaning towards an older alpine though.. like a 9815..though i really am just looking at everything now

-- oh **** and just looking at that eclipse site..there main number (i suppose there warehouse or what not..is in my city, same area code)

Fosgate Forever
10-02-2005, 04:01 AM
well i have a alpine a 7521 very very old has basically no features sounds *****en have an oler 9815 as well and it sounds *****en too ive always been with alpine and dont think i would leave them, by the way im looking for another 9815 if anyone out there has one for sale id be pretty interested

dbhittin
10-02-2005, 04:19 AM
my alpine is the best sounding deck ive used by far, and ive tried lots...

bri487
10-02-2005, 04:24 AM

as far as features, i found the alpine has the most usuable not pointless features over the eclipse. as far as build quality, i think they are about the same until this year, i think alpine might have the edge. i would go alpine, but what do i know, i have only owned a dozen of each.

dbhittin
10-02-2005, 04:26 AM
mines the older better one

dbhittin
10-02-2005, 04:27 AM
eclipse>alpine>kenwood>pioneer for sq for me how i see it

FOSGATE JOE
10-02-2005, 10:34 AM
man i know sony has some cheap **** but thay do have some great stuff too...True eclipce is nice but like jose said the face doesn't come out???thier are some dumb ***'s out there that see a nice h.u in a car then brake in and take it so now you f-u-c-k-e-d don't say it can't happen because it can well at lest where i live..I like taken my face off at night and taken it with me...SO back to the h.u stuff d-a-m-e looks like no one on here likes sony or r.f:( well guys thanks for your input good and BAD....i dont no why i like the sony over the eclipse? i just took the good and bad of both h.u's and the sony fit my needs and that model has some killer sq stuff

FOSGATE JOE
10-02-2005, 10:40 AM

idiot. no need for that^^^can you even drive????????and easy on the milk l.o.l

goodstuff
10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...

JoseMCeee
10-02-2005, 12:16 PM
I think I still would have gotten the 9853 over the sony tho.

JoseMCeee
10-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios while demoing. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...

Some of the cheapest decks are probably the easiest to use also. Its weird how all the high end models are so dumb...

Except probably for the Clarion 955 with the touch screen but its a regulard DIN cd player. A friend of mine has it and he says its pretty easy but I havent had time to play with it yet.

JoseMCeee
10-02-2005, 12:27 PM
^^^ Edit the DXZ855MP

FOSGATE JOE
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
why????^^^^I guess i'll go look at the eclipse h.u's again the only one i have really played with is with some sony's and i don't like the face thing too.Will the eclipse h.u 's have a remote?The guy that worked there didn't really show me the eclipse stuff just told the guy what i was looking for...

chubby
10-02-2005, 12:46 PM
no need for that^^^can you even drive????????and easy on the milk l.o.l

why wouldnt i drive? im a freshman in college. :rolleyes:

i think the new high end kenwoods sound way better than any of alpine's offerings, in the sound board anyways.
and god do i hate kenwood.

oh, and the "4v" preouts are more like 2, 2.5, even on the flagship models.

chubby
10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios while demoing. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...

agreed on the inaccesability issue of other features, like tuner, or volume.

my eclipse avn2454 is so simple i love it. an the touch screen/gps/dvd is a nice touch. only gripe is that you need an aftermarket line driver because of the super low preouts.

FOSGATE JOE
10-02-2005, 01:01 PM
that is i nice h.u the guy at the caraudio place had that same eclipse^^^^^but thats too much for me and plus i'm goin to buy$$$$$ airbags soon too

Slaugh
10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
7892 is wildly known for having an outstanding SQ

how do you compare it to a 7998?

too bad it doesnt have MP3 support :(

JLCivic
10-02-2005, 03:29 PM
7892 is wildly known for having an outstanding SQ

how do you compare it to a 7998?

too bad it doesnt have MP3 support :(

The 7892 was a pretty low end model from what, maybe 02(same year as 7893/7894). I am not sure what reviews you have seen regarding its SQ, but here in the US, I haven't seen the reviews raving of "outstanding" sq. The 7949, etc, yes, but not the 7892.

The 7892 shouldn't be in the same league as the 7998(I never heard that deck...heard the one below it, the 7897, and was not impressed....pre outs were pathetic for one)

I have said it before, if I had to buy an alpine produced in the past few years, I would try to find a 9835.

bri487
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
my 9853 that i just got sounds better than my 8455. i've had both of them in my boat with a Zapco SX-SL on each one. i like the 9853 much more.

JoseMCeee
10-02-2005, 03:54 PM
yea the 9853 should be a good deck. I wonder how the functions are tho. Cuz right now Im starting to hate the 9827 with the ipod connector... Its ok for just having a ton of songs but I does not compare to the ease of using the deck to navigate through a mp3 disc. As a matter of fact, most of the buttons serve no use when searching through the ipod. Like the folder up/down buttons arent used for anything and they could be used to easily flip through albums on a mp3 disc. Its so f-ucking stupid i feel like just throught the face out the window sometimes......

JLCivic
10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
my 9853 that i just got sounds better than my 8455. i've had both of them in my boat with a Zapco SX-SL on each one. i like the 9853 much more.

Everybody's ears are different, but from what I have seen on the forums over the years(and my personal experience), eclipse is usually preferred to alpine when it comes to sq.

99StangGt
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
My favorite was the clarion drz9255. Like it better then my eclipse 8454, Pioneer 860 and my Alpine 9830. Havent had a kenwood but im sure i will soon.

JLCivic
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
My favorite was the clarion drz9255. Like it better then my eclipse 8454, Pioneer 860 and my Alpine 9830. Havent had a kenwood but im sure i will soon.

For the price, it should be the favorite:)

I LOVE my 8250 and would like to check out the new 9255(I heard the older one and loved it).

bri487
10-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Everybody's ears are different, but from what I have seen on the forums over the years(and my personal experience), eclipse is usually preferred to alpine when it comes to sq.

i understand that, but i personally dont like eclipse much these days. i feel let down by the quality. anyone i know who has been running their decks for the past 5,6,7...years or so has seen a drop off in quality over the past year or so.

for the ipod connector. the only deck it is worth using it on is the 9853 or the 9855. because the way the displays are setup on them, they are easier to use. you can view more info about what playlists you are in and what not. usually i just use the rca input feature through the changer input.

JoseMCeee
10-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I might just switch back to the RCA aux method cuz its starting to get annoying.... But then I will lose the recharging feature.... bah I dont know what to do no more. I should just buy a DVD deck and plug the KCA-420 on that. Lets see a full screen be stubborn.

JLCivic
10-03-2005, 10:00 AM
i understand that, but i personally dont like eclipse much these days. i feel let down by the quality. anyone i know who has been running their decks for the past 5,6,7...years or so has seen a drop off in quality over the past year or so.

for the ipod connector. the only deck it is worth using it on is the 9853 or the 9855. because the way the displays are setup on them, they are easier to use. you can view more info about what playlists you are in and what not. usually i just use the rca input feature through the changer input.

I ran eclipse decks for a decade. The overall quality was top notch. I remember a guy coming into the local shop a year ago. He picked up an Eclipse and took his alpine back because he thought the thing was incredibly junky feeling.

You mention "drop off in quality over the past year" in regard to eclipse and then mention a 9853/9855....now those have had legendary reliability :eek:

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 01:51 AM
ok to day i played with so eclipse h.u's and well i guess i'm goin to stay with sony?? yes i know i'm a ******* for goin with sony but when i played with both h.u's the sony had a better sq thats me thoe but you guys we're right about the price been to much so today i went to the same car audio place and told them that sony 7815 h.u was to much$$$$$$$ so thay gave me the cooler one which is the m8815 for the same price

gentlejax
10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Fosgate Joe:

I am going to say something that may ease your mind a little and get me flamed.

I HAD a Alpine 9815 but well I am not a stereo fanatic. I am old school and behind the technology so I sold it . WHY? I needed something easier to figure out and use so I could keep my eyes on the road....

Then, cause I always heard how great Eclipse is, I bought a 8454....mainly cause of 8 volt. nothing else really other than that and the "rep". Guess what ? I sold it. why? well , it wasnt that impressive with the crappy remote and the no face remove thing. Also a complicated deck and more than I was going to use. I also didnt want to spend $400 on a alarm system that might work or might not in keeping someone from stealing the deck. so , I sold it too.

Next was the Kenwood Excelon 889 2005 model. Very nice deck and loaded out. I knew it was going to be a complicated deck FOR ME to use but price was good and deck was loaded and had good reviews. ,,,WEll..... I am selling it too after less than 4 hrs use I have decided to sell it. Very nice deck if you know what the hell you are doing.....

What made me change again? well I bought my wife a new Sony Specialty Series 7715 . Model below yours I think but has black metal face with blue lights...I had the thing set in my wifes truck in less than 5 MINUTES and sounding better than my Kenwood...

That was all it took for me. 5 minutes and I had it sound ing great and I never opened the manual. EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.

Now Sony has produced some crap over the years and I have never thought about it till I bought the wifes deck. It was pretty for her and she liked it. The specs on it arent bad at all. When I saw it in person it looked better than I thought it would.

Cost me less than $200 for it and I ordered myself one last night to replace the Kenwood.

Now before I get flamed.

My point that matters most is that all the expensive equipment in the world is useless to me if I cant operate it correctly. I dont know anyone that really knows about car audio so I really cant get help with the system. I do keep up with the stuff but never a practicing stereo fanatic or anything.

So I have taken a chance on the new SPECIALTY SERIES 7715 for the fact that it sounded great with little hassle even for a novice like me. I also bought the 3 yr warranty on it just to be safe.

For all you haters. just take a look at it in person. Its a nicely laid out deck and easy to use.

I wanted an older Alpine, Eclipse, or Sony ES before I started all this crap but it was hard for me to risk buying an old deck that already had thousands of hours time on it and might die the minute I got it.

For simple stereo user like me options are slim cause easy decks arent made or they are just crap. I didnt need crossovers and time alignment or time delay etc etc.

if it sounds good to you then that is the biggest factor in making you happy not everyones opinion.

you can go to any forum and get haters for various brands depending on the board.

sorry to go long but your situation reminded me of my choices.

good luck

Mike

I MUST SAY THIS. I am sure that all of the other deck I had would sound better than the Sony if I knew what I was doing and had the patience to keep trying to get it set up. BUT I didnt so they sounded bad to me. ...NOt there fault but mine.

Sony may be cheap to most people but they made a deck that was easy enough to figure out for a idiot like me. my wife is happy and I will soon be happy.

The Sony will be the cheapest part of my system if I ever get it put in.

x0n22s
10-08-2005, 12:01 PM

idiot.

well best buy just picked up their whole line xcept f1

x0n22s
10-08-2005, 12:08 PM
why wouldnt i drive? im a freshman in college. :rolleyes:

i think the new high end kenwoods sound way better than any of alpine's offerings, in the sound board anyways.
and god do i hate kenwood.

oh, and the "4v" preouts are more like 2, 2.5, even on the flagship models.

2,2.5 on good day

Slaugh
10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
gentlejax, i junderstand your words, but i think you should try and persist on taking time to learn and adjusting the sound... alpines, eclipses, etc... are awesome hus with awesome sound quality and great adjusts and these adjusts are there only to help you, and not make your life more complicated

i advize you getting one and taking more of your time to learn how to set the sound the way you want... Sony may even sound good, but what's the point if like 50% of it's users go to pioneer or alpine after months of use because the **** hu broke?

take your time to learn, it's worth the time... i used to think all you needed in a hu was bass and treble plus or minus adjustments and loudness, but now i see these are all gimmicks compared to a good equalizer for example...

bjfish11
10-08-2005, 01:11 PM
where can you buy eclipse hu online at for decent prices?

bri487
10-08-2005, 02:53 PM
where can you buy eclipse hu online at for decent prices?

you can't.

JLCivic
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
you can't.

IMO, retail on Eclipses isn't that bad for what you get. Cartoys is apparently shipping some Eclipse stuff.

bri487
10-08-2005, 04:04 PM
IMO, retail on Eclipses isn't that bad for what you get. Cartoys is apparently shipping some Eclipse stuff.

i wasnt disputing the retail prices, i was just saying you cant get them online.

JoseMCeee
10-08-2005, 04:20 PM
probably the only way to get an eclipse online is ebay. They are on there sometimes. Other than that u can go to a local good guys. Maybe even get a good deal on the old decks.

JoseMCeee
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
actually i just looked at that cartoys website and I guess they do have them. I would still get them from a good guys store though because it would probably be the same price and u can get a warranty.

bjfish11
10-08-2005, 06:51 PM
my only local dealer will charge out the *** for an ecplise hu, thats why i was asking. maybe i could have one of you guys pick me one up, and ship out to me....????? lol

JLCivic
10-08-2005, 07:22 PM
my only local dealer will charge out the *** for an ecplise hu, thats why i was asking. maybe i could have one of you guys pick me one up, and ship out to me....????? lol

Is the local dealer charging over retail?

6spdcoupe
10-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Is the local dealer charging over retail?

Im wondering the same thing....

Stangspeed371
10-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Mine charges over retail...im still looking for another dealer...mine is asking $800 for the HU, without install...

bjfish11
10-09-2005, 12:30 PM
all there stuff is marked up high. i dont know if its above retail or not, but its high.

JLCivic
10-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Mine charges over retail...im still looking for another dealer...mine is asking $800 for the HU, without install...

Have you checked Eclipse's dealer locator on the website?

$800 is insane. The 8455 retails for $649.

FOSGATE JOE
10-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Fosgate Joe:

I am going to say something that may ease your mind a little and get me flamed.

I HAD a Alpine 9815 but well I am not a stereo fanatic. I am old school and behind the technology so I sold it . WHY? I needed something easier to figure out and use so I could keep my eyes on the road....

Then, cause I always heard how great Eclipse is, I bought a 8454....mainly cause of 8 volt. nothing else really other than that and the "rep". Guess what ? I sold it. why? well , it wasnt that impressive with the crappy remote and the no face remove thing. Also a complicated deck and more than I was going to use. I also didnt want to spend $400 on a alarm system that might work or might not in keeping someone from stealing the deck. so , I sold it too.

Next was the Kenwood Excelon 889 2005 model. Very nice deck and loaded out. I knew it was going to be a complicated deck FOR ME to use but price was good and deck was loaded and had good reviews. ,,,WEll..... I am selling it too after less than 4 hrs use I have decided to sell it. Very nice deck if you know what the hell you are doing.....

What made me change again? well I bought my wife a new Sony Specialty Series 7715 . Model below yours I think but has black metal face with blue lights...I had the thing set in my wifes truck in less than 5 MINUTES and sounding better than my Kenwood...

That was all it took for me. 5 minutes and I had it sound ing great and I never opened the manual. EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.

Now Sony has produced some crap over the years and I have never thought about it till I bought the wifes deck. It was pretty for her and she liked it. The specs on it arent bad at all. When I saw it in person it looked better than I thought it would.

Cost me less than $200 for it and I ordered myself one last night to replace the Kenwood.

Now before I get flamed.

My point that matters most is that all the expensive equipment in the world is useless to me if I cant operate it correctly. I dont know anyone that really knows about car audio so I really cant get help with the system. I do keep up with the stuff but never a practicing stereo fanatic or anything.

So I have taken a chance on the new SPECIALTY SERIES 7715 for the fact that it sounded great with little hassle even for a novice like me. I also bought the 3 yr warranty on it just to be safe.

For all you haters. just take a look at it in person. Its a nicely laid out deck and easy to use.

I wanted an older Alpine, Eclipse, or Sony ES before I started all this crap but it was hard for me to risk buying an old deck that already had thousands of hours time on it and might die the minute I got it.

For simple stereo user like me options are slim cause easy decks arent made or they are just crap. I didnt need crossovers and time alignment or time delay etc etc.

if it sounds good to you then that is the biggest factor in making you happy not everyones opinion.

you can go to any forum and get haters for various brands depending on the board.

sorry to go long but your situation reminded me of my choices.

good luck

Mike

I MUST SAY THIS. I am sure that all of the other deck I had would sound better than the Sony if I knew what I was doing and had the patience to keep trying to get it set up. BUT I didnt so they sounded bad to me. ...NOt there fault but mine.

Sony may be cheap to most people but they made a deck that was easy enough to figure out for a idiot like me. my wife is happy and I will soon be happy.

The Sony will be the cheapest part of my system if I ever get it put in.thanks for your post MIKE AND THE GUYZ ON HERE TOO

gentlejax
10-10-2005, 08:57 AM
I may be a minority but I am not the only one who prefers less options and more user friendly decks. call me lazy or stupid. I dont care. I am stupid for spending so much money on decks that I had to sell because I my lack of knowledge. at least I will not be driving down the road fiddling with a crossover or trying to work thru the menu on the super fancy deck

I will keep the Sony, its covered under warranty and move on. I can concentrate on putting my other components in my 300ZX.

Peace

Mike

JLCivic
10-10-2005, 09:55 AM
I may be a minority but I am not the only one who prefers less options and more user friendly decks. call me lazy or stupid. I dont care. I am stupid for spending so much money on decks that I had to sell because I my lack of knowledge. at least I will not be driving down the road fiddling with a crossover or trying to work thru the menu on the super fancy deck

I will keep the Sony, its covered under warranty and move on. I can concentrate on putting my other components in my 300ZX.

Peace

Mike

I prefer fewer options and better internals. I had an Eclipse CD8053 which I loved, but in the civic I had, I wasn't using any time alignment or the xovers. The deck sounded so good flat(as every eclipse I have owned did), I didn't use the eq. I now have an RF 8250 and am very happy with it. IF I ever need more eqing, etc, I will just buy an eq.