PDA

View Full Version : arc acs 265's worth another 100 over rainbow soundlines?

Lil Poot
09-25-2005, 02:26 AM
im just about to get my components, can get the acs's for 350 and the soundlines for 250. do these share any components? does arc make the crossover for the acs's or is it all rainbow?

i am also considering doing the soundlines with the kick bass, but these 2 ways will be the only speakers in my car other than the rl-p 12's, pretty sure im selling my infinity 4x6's. so i do want decent midbass, but i dont want to compromise on the rest of the sound to get more midbass, which i've heard is the trade off with kick basses.

is the extra 100 bucks justified for the arc's, has anyone heard both that can compare them? or any thoughts on the kick bass drivers as a front stage?

audiolife
09-25-2005, 03:10 AM
that car is fairly easy to bring the bass up front are you putting the subs in the far back of the hatch?

Lil Poot
09-25-2005, 03:12 AM
the 12's are already in the very back of the well in a 2.6 net sealed box. everything in my sig is installed. i have been considering building a ported box and sticking it in my back seat for a couple weeks just to see what it sounds like but i wouldnt want to leave it like that, just chillin in the back. what do you mean by "bringing the bass up front"

im pretty happy with my bass now, just want awesome highs and mids

audiolife
09-25-2005, 03:25 AM
flip the woofers polarity as oppossed to the fronts. speakers worth giving a shot also are memphis and beyma got my first taste of those at nopi must say they are very dynamic and maybe even louder than avi's lol.

Lil Poot
09-25-2005, 03:29 AM
flip the polarity? explain please, im guessing you mean flip the speaker wires on the amp or the rcas but im also guessing im gonna get called a ******* by someone for guessing that. and why would i do that?

audiolife
09-25-2005, 03:32 AM
+ to sub - and - to sub + naturally 2 ms phase shift = roughly 6ft which in that car that is how far the woofers are away from you.

Lil Poot
09-25-2005, 03:44 AM
i've got my 12's (d4's) wired in a 1 ohm load (thats called a series right? i just followed the fosgate diagram, dont even know what its called lol)
so i just flip the positive and negative wires coming from my box to my amp? again, why do i do this, help with imaging? any links or something that can explain why?

and back to the subject, anyone that can compare the rainbows to the arcs, or thoughts on the kickbasses?

audiolife
09-25-2005, 03:53 AM
yuh its a 180 degree phase shift shouldnt have to read about it its a 5 min listen to it and see issue as is all speaker connections i NEVER had a system sound very good with all the +'s and -'s hooked up as for that firebird i had it took second place in usac and iasca world finals been in the georgia masters (the invite not just entry) the car that beat it was bud wentz he retired undefeated and he only beat it by 1 point. when i had it i did better at regionals sand bagged at small shows then ran a an amp as a line driver which was a bad idea at finals lol very bad. it was also i do believe one of the first id team cars

3.5Max6spd
09-25-2005, 11:17 AM
The acs have the rainbow professional cal25 tweeter with a SLC mid type mid, the tweeter is larger dome, has superior off axis resoponse to the slc-you can put them in places/angles where the SLC cannot play optimally . The set also handles more power, gets louder.

I asked arc techs why the SLC mid? They said because its a fantastic midbass, and is more robust in the midbass range up to 200hz than the Contour/Pro mid. I have to agree, an impressive sounding mid considering the price.