PDA

View Full Version : Viper 791xv problem

Trancer
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Well my battery died in my car, have no clue why, but I got the batter charged back up, however my alarm isnt functioning properly. It will arm/disarm, however everytime I press the button, the transmitter beeps at me as if it were out of range. I dont think it even really arms my car, just locks and unlocks it. Any ideas?

95Eclipse
09-24-2005, 11:05 PM
sounds like it is in valet mode, try having drivers door open, hit lock, unlock, lock quickly... then it should come out of valet mode...
if that doesn't work, you may need to relearn your remote... the 791 depending on what version it is, the remotes sometimes have problems with loosing comms...
also possible that your battery in the remote is dying/dead...
try the valet mode thing though... :)

Trancer
09-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Battery in the remote is brand new so thats not the case.

Slody4Futbol
09-25-2005, 01:34 AM
i've seen quite a few of these lately... make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way at the antenna... and at the brain... and try reprogramming your remote... other than i don'thave an answer right now

Trancer
09-25-2005, 01:34 AM
I havent flipped through the book yet. How do I reprogram it?

Slody4Futbol
09-25-2005, 01:45 AM
open the door... turn ignition on... press valet once... then press it and hold it... press lock and the siren should chirp... turn the ignition off and ur set

Trancer
09-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Do I press the lock button while holding the valet button?

6spdcoupe
09-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes

Trancer
09-25-2005, 04:44 PM
neither worked.. Im just gonna have to take it into Best Buy.. which is 2 hours away

Trancer
09-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.

Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange

Hook Me Up
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
just hit the lock button 5 times in a row really fast, if that doesnt work, then hold the little black butotn on the bottom for 1 sec while the car is in the run position but isnt on... thats all i got

95Eclipse
09-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.

Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange

possibly a bad antenna... or something in the car or something around the car giving interference... SP sorry, anyway, I had a 790 XV and it would do that when I was around certain things, I had to put the remote on my windshield for it to work, then after I was out of the range, it worked fine, I swapped my antenna and it worked wonderfully from there out...

Trancer
09-30-2005, 03:58 AM
well it works fine now like I said above

hifonics1
10-21-2005, 05:46 AM
all u have to do it unplug the antenna and then plug it back in. thats it.