PDA

View Full Version : iPod2car for Eclipse

6spdcoupe
09-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Just got an email saying that its now available. For all the iPod lovers with Eclipse HUs I imagine this is good news.

JLCivic
09-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I heard that was coming out. Who emailed you?

6spdcoupe
09-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Peripheral/Aamp of America emailed me. When I logged in they had 29 in stock. Looks like Ill be ordering a few being that the majority of my customers have iPods and I sell mostly Eclipse HUs.

packerfan
09-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Peripheral/Aamp of America emailed me. When I logged in they had 29 in stock. Looks like Ill be ordering a few being that the majority of my customers have iPods and I sell mostly Eclipse HUs.

:eyebrow: Your an eclipse dealer?!?

6spdcoupe
09-25-2005, 01:15 PM
:eyebrow: Your an eclipse dealer?!?

Yes I am.

johnecon2001
09-25-2005, 01:46 PM
where might I obtain one of these gadgets? any idea if it works on the older 8 series decks? like an 8053?

packerfan
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes I am.

What else are you a dealer for? Can you sell stuff threw mail or is that a no go?

6spdcoupe
09-25-2005, 03:58 PM
where might I obtain one of these gadgets? any idea if it works on the older 8 series decks? like an 8053?

Any Peripheral dealer should have them in stock or able to order them. It will work with all units with changer controls. Although when using it, you wont be able to use a changer any longer.

6spdcoupe
09-25-2005, 03:59 PM
What else are you a dealer for? Can you sell stuff threw mail or is that a no go?

Arc,Rainbow,Diamond,Alumapro,Kicker,Memphis,Focal, Audison,etc,etc....

Unfortunately shipping is a Big no-go..

NYRngrs24
09-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Has anyone got it? I know Neo Ion makes it for eclipses..i think its the same one they sell for toyotas and form what ive heard form toyota users they are really good.

mikegett
09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
It should be the same one as the toyota. Fujits Ten was founded with Toyota. They supply most of there OEM HU's and electronics. This means that the HU's share the same bus signal to communicate as the eclipse.
Does Peripheral have any internet based suppliers? I don't have a peripheral dealer located within 60 miles.

6spdcoupe
09-26-2005, 11:44 PM
It does not work with Toyota radios. That can be bought from USA Spec, I sell them regularly

Toyota and Fujitsu are two Totally different companies. Fujitsu/Eclipse only does their OEM intergration.

fuzzai
09-28-2005, 12:35 AM
i don't see this ipod thing on eclipes's site, what exactly is it?

6spdcoupe
09-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Its an interface to use an iPod with an Eclipse HU. It would not be on Eclipses site, as they are not the manufacturer of it.

mikegett
09-29-2005, 01:38 AM
It does not work with Toyota radios. That can be bought from USA Spec, I sell them regularly

Toyota and Fujitsu are two Totally different companies. Fujitsu/Eclipse only does their OEM intergration.

I work for Fujitsu. Fujitsu Ten was co founded with Toyota in 80's as a OEM division of Fujitsu Limited. A few years later Eclipse was formed from Fujitsu Ten as a manor to distinguish there aftermarket products. There history can still be found on some of the Japan "Attention" links. Fujitsu Ten has been one of the primary OEM suppliers to Toyota since. The cd changer in a select Toyota vehicles (Camary, Tocoma, and Sienna) use the same bus signal as eclise to communicate. I had a Toyota cd changer wired to my eclipse 54430 for a year. Most likely the toyota controller from USA spec has a different connector. The standard molex pin versus the eclipse round connector.

chadillac3
10-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Any updates on this?

NYRngrs24
10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
wel i emailed ipod2car comapny and asked them about that workign with an avn5495. and tehy said it works..but tehre is NO TEXT display for this unit... so its kinda worthless to me.

JLee1469
10-04-2005, 11:56 PM
As long as its better than Alpine's I'd be happy, thinking of getting an eclipse deck in the near future.

From what i heard/read, Alpine's IPOD interface is an expensive disappointment.

chubby
10-24-2005, 09:54 PM
owned.

chubby
10-24-2005, 09:55 PM
oh, and where can i buy one online please?????

Ayrton
10-25-2005, 12:24 AM

That is a big 10-4 buddy!

mikegett
10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
I have a feeling the eclipse control will be pretty bad as well. The sirius tuner was slow to respond and lacked all of the controls that a stand alone would have. I could have overlooked these, but the 8455 sirius tuner was not concidered a aux unit. The sirius tuner had a verl low voltage. Without the aux sensitivity adjustment, the tuner sounded very poor when matched to a cd volume. A 5 volt deck may not notice as much of a problem, but I believe the 8 volts will sacrifice alot of sound for flexability.

Diplexers
10-26-2005, 08:04 AM
OK MikeGett, what is that metal box on my 8455 for??? Tracking device?

chadillac3
10-26-2005, 11:09 AM
As long as its better than Alpine's I'd be happy, thinking of getting an eclipse deck in the near future.

Are you kidding me? It's by FAR the best out there for single DIN units. And from what I've read about iPod2car, the Eclipse version should have much less functionality.

Try using the Kenwood, Clarion, or Pioneer ones...they are nowhere near as advanced as the Alpine version.

6spdcoupe
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
OK MikeGett, what is that metal box on my 8455 for??? Tracking device?

LoL its a filter.

What made you think it was a tracking device?

JoseMCeee
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
The ipod interface on the alpine is NOW WHERE NEAR the interface on the mp3 discs for the deck. There are several buttons that you can use while surfing through mp3 discs that are completly useless on the ipod. Plus the ipod search is so freakin slow its ridiculous. If the ipod interface would equal the mp3 disc interface it would be worth the money. Other then that, just use the headphone output to ur aux.

Johnny Drama
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
oh, and where can i buy one online please?????

x2 all I can find is the 1/8 plug to changer plug...is this the correct thing?

http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=ecl-e-35mm

chadillac3
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
The ipod interface on the alpine is NOW WHERE NEAR the interface on the mp3 discs for the deck. There are several buttons that you can use while surfing through mp3 discs that are completly useless on the ipod. Plus the ipod search is so freakin slow its ridiculous. If the ipod interface would equal the mp3 disc interface it would be worth the money. Other then that, just use the headphone output to ur aux.

Now that is interesting...how exactly is the MP3 capability on a 9855 better than the iPod? Considering the iPod doesn't have a normal directory structure like an MP3 CD, I don't see how they could make it much better in terms of capability. I'd of course like to be able to scroll faster and more accurately, and that's about it.

JoseMCeee
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
well u can just go through several folders quickly just by pressing the up and down folder buttons. You can also double click on the folder icon and search quickly through the albums. The scroll is 4 times faster. And with the mp3 u can already group everything of whatever u want on a certain disc. For the ipod you would have to make a new playlist. And even then it would just be a gigantic list of songs. Not albums, artists just songs. The only thing I see better on the ipod is that it can carry alot more songs than a mp3 disc - of course - but everything else is lacking.

chadillac3
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Ahh, but that has more to do w/ the iPod than the Alpine...I'm trying to think, but when you're scrolling on the actual iPod you don't see the artist or albums either.

And you have access to up to 40 GB of music rather than 700 MB. Plus, updating the iPod is almost instantaneous compared to burning a CD.

Do you have an iPod?

Diplexers
10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
LoL its a filter.

What made you think it was a tracking device?
Because I have had 3 previous Eclipse decks over the last ten years and this is a first with a funny corded box. My friend bought an 05 5435 (I think thats the model) and his doesn't have one.

Johnny Drama
10-27-2005, 12:41 PM
I sent to a local authorized dealer yesterday. They had just placed thier first order and said that they would be $199 retail. Thats steep...