PDA

View Full Version : wiring question?

mustangowner
09-24-2005, 10:28 AM
i just bought a pioneer deh-p6700mp. i got it wired up and everything is working fine. my question is how can i stop altenator whine and the loud pop when i turn on the radio? i have the mach 460 stereo.

should i make my ground a little better for the altenator whine?

could i wire the blue and white wire for the factory amp acc wire into the fuse panel to turn the amp on when the radio turns on without using power from the radio?

thanks,
Josh

iceteebone
09-24-2005, 10:30 AM
run the ground on the deck directly to the battery. is there any other aftermarket equipment hooked up? if that's a stock amp you should only use the power antena (solid blue) and not the amp turn on

mustangowner
09-24-2005, 10:36 AM
run the ground on the deck directly to the battery. is there any other aftermarket equipment hooked up? if that's a stock amp you should only use the power antena (solid blue) and not the amp turn on

its the stock amp. there is a blue and white wire coming out of the hu. should i leave it hooked up? there is not a blue wire on the hu harness but there is one on the factory harness. its for?

iceteebone
09-24-2005, 10:38 AM
its the stock amp. there is a blue and white wire coming out of the hu. should i leave it hooked up? there is not a blue wire on the hu harness but there is one on the factory harness. its for?

do you have a power antena? the blue wire on the factory harness is for the factory amp. i would personally run an aftermarket amp. i have never had good success installing aftermarket equipment and using a factory amp.

mustangowner
09-24-2005, 10:40 AM
power antenna coming outta the hu?

iceteebone
09-24-2005, 10:41 AM
power antenna coming outta the hu?

does you car have an antena that automatically pops up out of the car when the radio turns on?

mustangowner
09-24-2005, 10:44 AM
no why?

KaeZoo
09-24-2005, 01:52 PM
You kinda hafta use the factory amp with a Mach 460 system; they're not all that easy to bypass. A big difference is that the factory system uses a 3v amp turn-on, while the new head unit will have a 12v output. You can try using a 7500 ohm resistor, wired in series on your remote turn-on wire. This may reduce extra noise and turn-on pop problems.

mustangowner
09-25-2005, 12:48 AM
how did u figure this?

QuikSilverRS91
09-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Or just rewire everything... but yeah the better solution at the moment is try running a new ground. If that doesn't work, the resistor would be a good route. If all that fails...... rewire the whole **** car!