PDA

View Full Version : tips/guide on doing a blow-through on a regular cab truck

maldecido33
09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I've currently got two 10" Alpine Type-R 2ohm DVC subs with a Rockford Fosgate 500BD in a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab (sitting on 22"s with a 1/3 drop).

The system stays behind the seat in my first attempt at a custom sub box/amp rack(sealed box with .66cu ft per sub).http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7721/hpim13391ld.jpg

Now, just like msot everyone else on this forum, I've come to want a little more out of my system, and with the limited space I have, I've decided to put a sub box in the bed and do a blow-through.

I'm gonna get two 12" Alpine Type-R's in a ported box and push them with a Rockford Fosgate 1000BD or 1500BD.

Now, I'll need the box designed(as I have ZERO experience with ported boxes). But, if it's designed, I can build it. But that comes later.

For now, I need some advice/tips/guides/whatever on how to do the blow-through. Where to face the subs, where to face the port, everything. I've seen this on other trucks, but have no idea how it's done. ANY help at all is appreciated.

Also, I'm going mainly for SPL, but without sacraficing too much SQ (I've got mids and highs to handle that).

Thanks

trevor87
09-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Did you have the 2 10's in the truck with that box? Howd it sound? Did it get loud and could u feel the bass. Did you sit comfortably in the reg cab truck.

maldecido33
09-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Yea, I have both 10's in that box behind the seats of my truck now. Sounds GREAT, even with a sub-par head unit. People can't believe it's two 10"s. Turning it up at 80%, my chest starts to hurt a little, breathing actually gets somewhat harder. Yea, sat comfortable. Seats recline all the way, just don't scoot back all the way horizontally.

trevor87
09-23-2005, 11:37 PM
What are the box dimensions?

And i have a reg cab truck and i need a box that gets loud and hits hard for one 1 10" type r or 2 10" type r or 1 12" type r i havent got my truck right now so i cant measure.

req
09-24-2005, 12:01 AM
man, if you have questions on how to do this, you really shouldnt be doing it :(

NeverEnuffBass
09-24-2005, 11:29 AM
man, if you have questions on how to do this, you really shouldnt be doing it :(

Agreed, Not worth ruining the cab and bed of your truck if you mess up. Probably cost more to repair the damage then to pay someone to do it the right way the first time.

mikescanlon
09-24-2005, 07:06 PM
buy a plasma cutter and just go crazy dude.

post lots of pics.

but, i agree with the above posts... if you have to ask about this.. you should probably take it to a pro to do it.. or when you take it to the pro.. stay there and watch so you can learn to do it next time... if you ever wanted to do it again.