PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-7893 Pre-Out Voltage

Slaugh
09-23-2005, 09:37 PM
yay

alpine once again amazes me on their ****** pre-out voltages... no longer amazes me thou

Cris
09-23-2005, 10:05 PM
yay

alpine once again amazes me on their ****** pre-out voltages... no longer amazes me thou

am I missing something? seems like they stayed true to their advertised pre-out voltage... not exactly "******".

Slaugh
09-23-2005, 10:10 PM
am I missing something? seems like they stayed true to their advertised pre-out voltage... not exactly "******".
yeah, it advertises 4v pre-outs because actually everyone gonna listen to music on 100% of the hu volume...

DBfan187
09-23-2005, 10:12 PM
That's also w/ a 0 dB tone ... which you'll never see in music ... I'm also pretty sure it clips before max volume as well ...IIRC, they usually clip around vol.31.

Slaugh
09-23-2005, 11:01 PM
alpine has been letting me down way too much recently... should i just migrate to a Eclipse hu? i like SQ over bass and ****... and alpine lacks bass and im sure has a better SQ too...

Randy Savage
09-23-2005, 11:04 PM

OMG what teh ****zors noooo!!!

Eclipse= teh best evar!

Slaugh
09-23-2005, 11:07 PM
well i don't know, im just hoping it just doesn't **** me off as much as my 9815 does

AVSTANG02
09-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Slaugh, Any headunit you install is going to **** you off. Get a Clue.

Interesting how it had 0 volts all the way up to volume 18 tho...

JLCivic
09-24-2005, 07:31 AM
alpine has been letting me down way too much recently... should i just migrate to a Eclipse hu? i like SQ over bass and ****... and alpine lacks bass and im sure has a better SQ too...

IMO, Eclipse makes a better sounding deck than Alpine, and Eclipse's pre outs, top to bottom, are probably the best around.

Cris
09-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Dear god, why is everyone so uptight.

read this quote.

My multimeter only does AC voltage to 1 decimal point.

so.. feaseably, 1-18 could be small, .08 or something steps leading up to at 19, where it's 1 volt. This would explain 0 volts. It's not 0, its like 0.03, 0.06, etc. It would make sense they would advertise their highest voltage. If I had 4 volts at volume 3, why head would hurt within minutes, and i'd have to turn my gains down all the way to the bottom.. and need the head unit to give me like 8 volts by the time it reaches its highest mark.

It would make perfect sense to me to have the highest voltage be at the highest volume. If it were to hit 4 volts at volume 20 and stay at 4 volts till max volume, then people would ***** that it wasn't what was advertised. If it hits 4v at its highest point, then people ***** about how it isn't what was advertised.

I liken this to horsepower; we're given horsepower ratings based on where the engine makes the highest amount of horsepower. This could be like 5600 rpms. You don't hear people ***** about how this is false advertising simply because you don't don't get 190 horsepower at 1,000 rpms.

Cris
09-24-2005, 06:23 PM

go get an eclipse head unit then. Tells us how it works out.

Slaugh
09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Slaugh, Any headunit you install is going to **** you off. Get a Clue.
well, why are you telling me this?

Cris
09-24-2005, 09:09 PM
well, why are you telling me this?

You give off the impression that you're blaming your stereo problems on pre-outs of your head unit. You also give off the impression that this and only this could be the problem, and thus, your head unit and alpine are ****. This also gives off the impression that you don't fully understand the scope of problems your system could have, the least of which would start with pre-amp outputs. This leads people to believe regardless of whether you're getting 2v, 4v or 8v of pre-amp output, you will still feel there's a problem. ie, the pre-amps might not be your problem.

I don't know you personally, so I'm just assuming. I take it with a grain of salt.

bimma85
09-24-2005, 09:19 PM
That's also w/ a 0 dB tone ... which you'll never see in music ... I'm also pretty sure it clips before max volume as well ...
all companies rate their output voltage as a "Max" number dont they? I hooked up a DMM up to my buddies kenwood and my bros kenwood, both higher end. The largest voltage I saw I believe was about 1v. I then hooked it up to some old school low line alpine(was in my car when I bought it) and it was measuring about 1.8. Never turned the volumes up close to max however.
Which is why the statment below baffles me.

yeah, it advertises 4v pre-outs because actually everyone gonna listen to music on 100% of the hu volume...
Have you ever measured the output of your preouts?

AVSTANG02
09-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Basically what I'm saying there is that you'll never see 4 volts out of your 4 volt head unit unless you play 0 dB tones at volume 35 ... More realistically, you'll be looking at around 1 volt ...

Make it clear this goes for every headunit.. Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse.. ETC...

adam71
10-28-2005, 01:39 AM
IIRC, they usually clip around vol.31.

Wouldn't that be dependent on the source material.? If it is a recording that was recorded at a high level then wouldn't it reach clipping at a much lower volume level??

Slaugh
10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Basically what I'm saying there is that you'll never see 4 volts out of your 4 volt head unit unless you play 0 dB tones at volume 35 ... More realistically, you'll be looking at around 1 volt ...
EXACTLY what i was trying to say on the other thread

well good to see some people think the way i do hehe

Alpineinstaller
10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
may i suggest a line driver? :)

UndercoverPunk
10-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Slaugh, IDK WTF you're talking about Alpine sounding bad and having no bass.... my 9835 sounds just fine....

DBfan187
10-28-2005, 03:48 PM
EXACTLY what i was trying to say on the other thread

well good to see some people think the way i do heheI've said that already in the other thread, well sorta.

noob with an RS
11-01-2005, 05:29 PM
im tired of reading through this thread salugh the point is even if your alpines maximum voltage was 2 volts at full volume you could have your amps gain higher than it would need to be with the 4 volt pre out and youll still have the same sound form your system stop blaming your HU for having a system that sounds like *** u either need to learn to tune it or shut the fucc up have a good day just kidding im being sarcastic you *******

dbhittin
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM