PDA

View Full Version : Class of New Head Units

resevil83
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I was looking for a head unit for my mom. She needs nothing fancy, but I want something reliable. I was really partial to Alpine a couple years back because I read everywhere they were one of the best head units all around. People compared them to the BMW of cars. Anyhow, I was wondering how people rated head - units... Like the worst being blankrupt then kenwood then sony, clarion, alpine, nakimaychi or whatever that company is called. That's not at all accurate of course, but I was just wondering if thats possible to rate head units like that anymore...

My quesiton is if you can't rate them... What would be the best head unit for the buck for around 200 bucks.

davidfre21
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
nak = teh win in reliable and stock apperiance

JimJ
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
I'd say she'd be happy with a middle of the line unit from either Alpine or Eclipse.

$200 can buy a lot of head unit.

Cris
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
$200 can buy a lot of head unit.

that is NOT appropriate for a car-audio based forum. Take it to another forum. ;) .

SinongTatayMo
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
i wish my 200 got me alot of head unit lol.

bimma85
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Jvc, kendwood, pioneer and many more all have decks better than alpine, clarions eclipses, etc. And vice versa. Depends on the models. BTW I've heard many people on here b!tching about the reliabilty of the new alpine decks. Even the folks at my local shop say they gone downhill(you dont knock something you sell, if its not true).