hi

I'm new to this forum and I wish if any body can help me

i want to ask you guys if any body have tried the new high end zapco speakers
is it very good, can it be compared to DLS iridium in term of sound quality

i'll be powering the comp with zapco 1000.4 bi-amped

so what do you think about this set up

Lil Poot
09-23-2005, 04:32 AM
i couldnt even find anything about zapco components, any of them. can someone post me a link or something? i tried google :confused:

ajman_nas
09-23-2005, 04:39 AM
http://www.zapco.com/new/images/Ref_Line.jpg

zapco component system is in the market now but i don't know why there is no information in there web site

6spdcoupe
09-23-2005, 05:13 AM
They didnt get that great of a review when CA&E reviewed them...overall a 80/100 score.

Shinobi
09-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Most Magazines are biased and work on "donations " heh I 've heard from a few SQ guys they are someof the best they have ever heard.

3.5Max6spd
09-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Most Magazines are biased and work on "donations " heh I 've heard from a few SQ guys they are someof the best they have ever heard.

until the next flavor of the month....I take everything with a grain of salt.

The Power TN52 Focal tweeter also gets high praise from some SQ guys, 2 auditions in the last few weeks have literally taken years off my hearing...:crap:

I'd like to hear those Zaps myself, but I wouldn't buy them without at least hearing them or better subjective reviews than they've gotten.

BTW they didnt get a 'horrible' review, it was done by two reviewers. One thought it was a nice set, the other felt they have tested coaxials that have performed better in various areas of their subjective scoring.Considering the cost of the set...

Blazemore
09-23-2005, 06:20 PM
They didnt get that great of a review when CA&E reviewed them...overall a 80/100 score.

WTF did you read? CA&E Quote: "But after listening to them and living with them, I am a believer. These are one of the best componest systems I have listened to; I would put them within the top five. What is interesting is that they are the least expensive of my top five." CA&E Mag pretty much love and lived with them. But like 3.5Max6spd said, take with a gain of salt.

6spdcoupe
09-23-2005, 06:38 PM
WTF did you read? CA&E Quote: "But after listening to them and living with them, I am a believer. These are one of the best componest systems I have listened to; I would put them within the top five. What is interesting is that they are the least expensive of my top five." CA&E Mag pretty much love and lived with them. But like 3.5Max6spd said, take with a gain of salt.

Apparently you didnt read the whole article thoroughly. If so you would have noticed that Two reviewers did the test. The first one stated...

" I cant say that Im impressed with the CK-16.2. It is not as flexible as many of the other component systems I hav testedand the performance is really only average. In fact, it is surpassed by some coaxials I have tested."

That is WTF I read, combined with an overall score of 80/100. I never sad it was a horrible review, just not great. Especially for the $1,159 price tag.

3.5Max6spd
09-23-2005, 06:40 PM

The review was done by 2parts /2people...as I stated above.

I dont think 6spdcoupe was bashing, Simply 80/100 score isn't much to rave about, not really great by any means. Specially if the one reviewer feels they are in his top 5.

Now 'living' with them vs being subjective while listening for things during a TEST are two different things. Once you have something for a while and you get accustomed to them, you learn to like them. Thats not the issue, as its human nature.

I hold subjective listening tests with more weight, wether it be by Joe Schmoe simply because they know what they are listening for during testing. How they perform in certain areas is more critical in distinguishing the drivers characteristics. Heck everybody on this board is 'living with their set' and feel they sound great- but that doesn't tell me how well they execute presenting 'focus' in a Chefsky disk....

snb778
09-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Should check out Dynaudio....look at their 6 1/2" tweets, haha (or something like that)

ajman_nas
09-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Especially for the $1,159 price tag.

:crazy:

in Dubai i can get it with less than 1/3 this price

it cost me 1500 AED, which is = $408 :eek: and the iridium 6.2 cost 1300 AED wich is $355

do you think the zapco comp will pereform better than the Iridium 6.2 ??

BTW, if I get the DLS it will be powered by DLS A3, and if i get the zapco it would be bi-amped with zapco 1000.4

adam71
09-24-2005, 09:22 AM
I bet one of the reasons it got an 80/100 is because that HUGE price tag. With a price like that they probably graded it low in the "value" category.

6spdcoupe
09-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I bet one of the reasons it got an 80/100 is because that HUGE price tag. With a price like that they probably graded it low in the "value" category.

I thought that at first as well, but value wasnt listed as one of the scoring factors.

audiolife
09-24-2005, 01:11 PM
just because it has a big price tag doesnt mean it automatically sounds better or best. about once a month i getta hear ultra high end speakers in cars and they often leave me wndering why thy are high end lol

ajman_nas
09-25-2005, 06:47 AM
thanx guy that's nice info I got from you :)

but, can some body tell me if this set can be comoared to the iridium or it's higher class than the iridium in term of SQ ?????

thanx

3.5Max6spd
09-25-2005, 11:12 AM
thanx guy that's nice info I got from you :)

but, can some body tell me if this set can be comoared to the iridium or it's higher class than the iridium in term of SQ ?????

thanx

In all honesty, any set over $500 will be subjective as to performance differences.
The DLS uses older design Morel drivers, while the Zapco's drivers-lil' is known about the sound characteristics of the speakers-its some Italian company that rebadges their drivers for Zapco.

ajman_nas
09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
3.5Max6spd

thanx dude :cool:

-----
So, any other opinions ????

bri487
09-26-2005, 02:36 AM
In all honesty, any set over $500 will be subjective as to performance differences.
The DLS uses older design Morel drivers, while the Zapco's drivers-lil' is known about the sound characteristics of the speakers-its some Italian company that rebadges their drivers for Zapco.

where did you dig up that inaccurate info? zapco is owned by another speaker company that produces home speakers that reach prices of upwards of $100,000.

as far as the zapco components go, i have heard every line of them including the coaxials. the reference series sound amazing. they are comparable to the dynaudio system 240gt, and i think they sound way better than the boston pros. as far as the zapco competition components, i have heard nothing as good as them. nothing that i have heard can compete in mid bass and nothing sounds as deep. for a 6.5" driver, they really do get deep and powerful sounding. once again, they are the best speakers i have ever heard. i will be buying a set once the next big paycheck rolls around.

3.5Max6spd
09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
where did you dig up that inaccurate info? zapco is owned by another speaker company that produces home speakers that reach prices of upwards of $100,000.

where did YOU dig up that INACCURATE info? LOL:laugh:

ESB is a company owned by ARPA of Italy. They make the Zapco components, they do NOT own Zapco.

bri487
09-28-2005, 01:16 AM
where did YOU dig up that INACCURATE info? LOL:laugh:

ESB is a company owned by ARPA of Italy. They make the Zapco components, they do NOT own Zapco.

i didnt say they own zapco, i was just saying that why would they go to another company to design or make their speakers when they have more than enough resources to do it on their own.

6spdcoupe
09-28-2005, 01:46 AM
i didnt say they own zapco, i was just saying that why would they go to another company to design or make their speakers when they have more than enough resources to do it on their own.

Their "resources" are outside companies like alot of other manufacturers.

mikechec9
09-28-2005, 02:30 AM
at any rate
http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009829

3.5Max6spd
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM

weird....Thats exactly what you said....

And no they are not a speaker manufacturer, never have been, they dont have their own resources to do it on their own....thats why its outsourced to ESB.

bri487
09-28-2005, 11:34 AM
weird....Thats exactly what you said....
And no they are not a speaker manufacturer, never have been, they dont have their own resources to do it on their own....thats why its outsourced to ESB.

according to the zapco dealers around here, they are zapcos speakers and crossovers all the way. now, maybe some of the lines are not manufactured by themselves, but the competition series are. according to the guy who has them, the #2 zapco dealer in the nation. well, when i go pick up my stuff from zapco this week i will have to ask then to make sure, but according to inside sources, they are their speakers.

3.5Max6spd
09-28-2005, 11:43 AM
according to the zapco dealers around here, they are zapcos speakers and crossovers all the way. now, maybe some of the lines are not manufactured by themselves, but the competition series are. according to the guy who has them, the #2 zapco dealer in the nation. well, when i go pick up my stuff from zapco this week i will have to ask then to make sure, but according to inside sources, they are their speakers.

well you can believe a dealer, or go see where its stated in the ZApco forum that ESB makes them as well as the link posted above. Zapco does not build these speakers, theres a reason they werent released earlier since they've been ready for a while (as everything thing else manufactured overseas, takes time;))

squeak9798
09-28-2005, 11:53 AM

Sorry, but your Zapco dealer is wrong.

audiolife
09-28-2005, 12:35 PM
costs too much for just about anyone to say "hey we wanna do speakers now" and buy the stuff to make them. if they did that their prices would at least be doubled im sure