PDA

View Full Version : The Alpine type X componets.

bigbangtheory
09-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Well got the alpine Type X componets for the front staging of my car. I hooked it all up and everything sounded good except my mid. I could barley hear it. I might have hooked up the crossover wrong but the tweeters sound amazing. If anyone has these or knows about them and how to wire the crossover the best way, would you let me know. This crossover is a pain. Thanks!

DiamondFanatic
09-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Did you do the whole dip switch setting in order to set the time alignment on the woofer and tweeter and so on?

bigbangtheory
09-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Ah no would that be my problem? Not even sure what dip switch is.

DiamondFanatic
09-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Read the manual, inside the crossovers theres like 42 different positions to adjust for time alignment and spacing. Bust out the tape measure... what kind of car do you have?

DiamondFanatic
09-23-2005, 02:16 AM
That might not be the problem though... you're sure that the mids are in phase? You can also adjust the volume of the tweeter on the crossover if I'm not mistaken

bigbangtheory
09-23-2005, 04:10 AM
They are in a 02 cavalier LS. I am sure they are in the right phase. I am thinking that maybe I should find a alpine rep to set my ****. After you said bust out the measuring tape that is where I say wtf and seek professional help lol! Thanks for your input though I do appreciate it.