PDA

View Full Version : Wire adaptor?

bigbangtheory
09-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Does anyone who owns a 2002 cavalier know anything about this plug that cost like 80 bucks that you need so your car runs right? My buddy said I need it for my pioneer 7600 so that I dont get lights popping up on the dash or so the car dosent shut off. He also said it could blow my airbag up if not installed. Is this true or is he just BS me? Thanx for the help.

Randy Savage
09-22-2005, 03:34 AM
GMRC-01

Without it, you won't have an accessory turn on for the aftermarket radio (you'll have to tap into ignition to get a turn on wire), you will lose door trigger for the domelight, and you will lose the door chime.

bigbangtheory
09-22-2005, 03:37 AM
Ok thanx. I can really do with out the door chime and dome light for now. But was all that other crap he said gonna happen?

KaeZoo
09-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Nope. Your car will run fine without the factory radio. I don't even think you'll lose the dome light; just the warning chimes. You'll lose the chimes that tell you when your headlights are on, too; so if you sometimes forget to turn the lights off, it might be a good investment to get the expensive harness.

theCybe
09-22-2005, 08:46 AM
GMRC-01

Without it, you won't have an accessory turn on for the aftermarket radio (you'll have to tap into ignition to get a turn on wire), you will lose door trigger for the domelight, and you will lose the door chime.

^ most helpful post on the forum award goes to ;)