PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse won't read CDs. ESN active

ToyTundra
09-21-2005, 08:53 PM
So i have an Eclipse cd3434. I activated ESN from day one. Now it won't read CDs. I've tried burned, old and nearly new and none play. I bought one of those brush cleaners mentioned in another thread, no change. I also read about the reset button on another brand that can fix it, but that may require the code CD to be inserted, but it can't read it. Does anyone know if after pressing the reset button it will lock up? My last resourt is opening it up to see if i can manually clean the lense, but i don't know how easy that is.

I bought it new off ebay so there is no warranty and it's less than 1 year old. Any thuoght on how to fix my new paper weight??

johnecon2001
09-22-2005, 12:58 AM
call eclipse, your probably going to have to pay for it to be serviced.

JLCivic
09-22-2005, 06:19 AM
Call United Radio. They are an authorized Eclipse repair center. You can get their number off their website(www.unitedradio.com). It sounds like something is screwed up with the laser.

ToyTundra
09-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the tips guys

I called United radio. they said send $94 and the unit. They'll call me if it will cost more than that for repair. My next step was to call my local dealer and they said all they do is send it to eclipse, but they don't know the minimum fee (my guess is the same or more than United radio).

Even at $94 that's nearly half the cost of the unit. I think i'm going to sell it broken on ebay or somthing whenever i can afford a replacement. I'm going for an Alpine this time, but i hate that glide strip thing :angry:

ToyTundra
09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
WTF now the stupid thing works. It was busted for 2 days, now it's better than new. I don't know whether to be happy or angry. I guess i'll be happy because i really can't find anything else i like.

JLCivic
09-23-2005, 06:23 AM
WTF now the stupid thing works. It was busted for 2 days, now it's better than new. I don't know whether to be happy or angry. I guess i'll be happy because i really can't find anything else i like.

That is strange. I guess just keep using it. Eclipses have always been very reliable for me.

KingDiamond
09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
If the problem comes back I would replace it instead of sending it in for service. My friend had a similar problem and he paid Eclipse almost $160 and they sent him back a refurbished unit.

6spdcoupe
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Wouldnt this thread be a primary reason to Not buy things online that arent authorized?