PDA

View Full Version : 860mp radio disturbance

ndnbolla
09-20-2005, 09:40 PM
so i have a pioneer 860mp and it works great when there is no subs attached to it. the radio reception is great and the cd player works flawlessly.

however, after i installed my subs, the radio started still showed that it was recieving great reception yet i am hearing a little "snowiness" (not whining) noise at some beats (as if i am recieving poor *** reception at some beats). im not sure how to exlplain this noise but it is fairly noticeable. might i add that when i turn the subwoofer function off on the hu, then the noise goes away and works flawlessly again.

however, the cd function of this 860mp still works flawlessly as before both when the subwoofer function is on or off.

any suggestions before i rip out the h/u (which is going to be a pain in the ***) and check my radio wiring?

iceteebone
09-21-2005, 01:20 AM
i know pioneer had a problem with the rca's on those decks. is it like a static noise? it could be that ground trace problem.

ndnbolla
09-21-2005, 02:09 AM
yea it is like a static noise but it only happens with the radio not cds.

Phelptwan
09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I noticed that too on my p960mp...i fixed it by pushing the antenna in further.

ndnbolla
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
oh, so it only happend when you used your radio.

otherwise the other possible solution would be to reground my h/u right?

Rodge
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Hmmm, I just installed an 860MP myself. Haven't checked the radio out yet. I hope I don't have the same problem. Good luck man.

ndnbolla
09-21-2005, 02:49 PM
i didn't notice either til a couple days after i installed the sub, i decided to see how the radio sounded.

KaeZoo
09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
It sounds to me as though your subwoofer amp is interfering with the radio reception. This happens occasionally, especially with Class D amps.