PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Pioneer p8mp next week

Jassam
09-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I happily purchaced a Pioneer premier p8mp to replace my stock headunit in a 1999 mustang convertable. I mainly purchaced it because of it's high level voltage output to the amps (as listed 6.5v). It all sounds fine and good, but should I be worried about anything with this HU. I'm sure there is good and bad with everything and I would apreciate anyone with first hand info on this product. It looks awesome and I did get to see it, but still would apreciate anything anyone has to say about it. It's being hooked up for now to a factory amplifier ford(non-460), a hifonics brutus 1205d amp pushing a 12" SX from RE. I currently am in the market for an addtional amp and approprate replacement speakers (CDT'S). Thanks to anyone who could provide info on this headunit.

iceteebone
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
i know pioneer had a ground trace problem on the rca's but not sure if that particular deck was noted for having the problem. i know the 860 was.

Eugenics
09-20-2005, 12:42 PM
i have a mustang as well, im sure the HU will be fine, but as far as the stereo, all ive heard is bad things about aftermarket stereos in mustangs, i wouldn't even bother with it

chinny
09-20-2005, 12:53 PM
i have a mustang as well, im sure the HU will be fine, but as far as the stereo, all ive heard is bad things about aftermarket stereos in mustangs, i wouldn't even bother with it

Are you refering to space?

Anyways, you wont be able to fit anything big in the trunk unless you build the box IN the trunk... which can be a pain in the ***. But ive seens stangs with a nice system in it and its awsome... the power+roar+system = boner.

Eugenics
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Are you refering to space?

yes, and being that my cars a convertable i have even less of it