PDA

View Full Version : getting a clarion dxz955 85% sure

bamaboy
09-19-2005, 09:16 PM
well ive been looking at cd players, and i love the way the clarion looks, and been debating on the price of it well it retails at cardomain for 799$ i believe but i price matched it ofr 520$, so im prolly going to have to pick it up, im wondering if my 860 is going crazy on me because it used to be loud with flat eq and no loudness and now ka put, maybe its not the 860 but i dont care, i want something new, and im selling the 860 for 250 to my friend

anything to say, has anyone used the music catcher on it? supposed to be able to record 6 cds on the HU like a mp3 player and play them later
and only a 3 band para eq, is that bad, im used to my 13band grap eq on the 860 never used a parametric,4v pre outs, adjust to dolby prologic sound...

iceteebone
09-19-2005, 09:37 PM
i swapped my premier 860 for clarion DXZ745 which is a lower model then the one you are looking at, and i couldn't be happier. i love my clarion deck. i never used all that crap on the 860. i always set my eq to flat, never used time alignment. i went with the clarion, and it just has a bunch of little things i like better. first the sq seems to be a little better. i can play stratched cd's on this deck, that would never play on my pioneer. i can shut off the internal amp, i can adjust the gain on the aux input and i don't need to buy some $40 adapter to use the aux. inputs. i can shut off the crossover on the sub. the faceplate is easier to remove. (still haven't been able to remove the one on my 860) plus i hated that knob on the 860 to change tracks. i would always push it and get the audio menu. anyways i was extremly pleased switiching from pioneer to clarion so i hope that helps :)

smgreen20
09-19-2005, 09:39 PM
The 3 band param. is a set and forget type deal. I myself was going to get the 955 but need more output for my PG ZPA0.3. It needs 8v to work at its optimal, and the Eclipse CD8455 does just that. And hopefully, I can get it this Thursday....$525 Auth. dealer.

iceteebone
09-19-2005, 09:43 PM
The 3 band param. is a set and forget type deal. I myself was going to get the 955 but need more output for my PG ZPA0.3. It needs 8v to work at its optimal, and the Eclipse CD8455 does just that. And hopefully, I can get it this Thursday....$525 Auth. dealer.

just curious, why does it need 8 volts? i thought that was what that crazy gain knob was for :crazy:

bamaboy
09-19-2005, 10:00 PM
well after that icetee, i think im going to have to go with it, i never use any of that stuff too, have never touched time alignment and position and auto eq_except for once :(
but the controls on the 860 are nice to me, but i dont need all that stuff and the screen on the 955 looks cooler and touch screen will see if i like that, and i dont need 6.5v pre outs, im going to have to get it prolly and its going to be authorizeed too
so i get warranty :) does yours have the music catcher on it? and is it easy to navigate through the menus?

iceteebone
09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
well after that icetee, i think im going to have to go with it, i never use any of that stuff too, have never touched time alignment and position and auto eq_except for once :(
but the controls on the 860 are nice to me, but i dont need all that stuff and the screen on the 955 looks cooler and touch screen will see if i like that, and i dont need 6.5v pre outs, im going to have to get it prolly and its going to be authorizeed too
so i get warranty :) does yours have the music catcher on it? and is it easy to navigate through the menus?

mine doesn't have the music catcher.

bamaboy
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
:(

iceteebone
09-19-2005, 10:17 PM
i didn't feel the need for it. the DXZ745 does everything i want. it only cost $139 too.

Slaugh
09-20-2005, 07:27 AM
that's one of the famous SQ beasts

also check out Alpine 7998 and Eclipse 8454...

these seems to be the only very good SQ hus released recently :( (not mentioning other eclipses and Naks, Denon, etc... :( )

bamaboy
09-20-2005, 07:58 AM
are you sure your not thinking of the 9255 or something? the really expensive one?

Blazemore
09-20-2005, 08:01 AM
You'll love the Clarion deck, just got the DXZ945MP myself.

Slaugh
09-20-2005, 08:07 AM
are you sure your not thinking of the 9255 or something? the really expensive one?
yes sorry...

my bad... :(

smgreen20
09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
just curious, why does it need 8 volts? i thought that was what that crazy gain knob was for :crazy:
So I can keep the gains turned down which helps (and I can't even remember what) but I think it's along the lines of keeping the noise floor down. I'm after SQ over SPL.

iceteebone
09-20-2005, 10:38 PM
So I can keep the gains turned down which helps (and I can't even remember what) but I think it's along the lines of keeping the noise floor down. I'm after SQ over SPL.

there shouldn't be any noise in your system, no matter what volt deck you have :)