PDA

View Full Version : MBQuart discus componet set.

bigbangtheory
09-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Well I was wondering if anyone who has a low budget like mine has herad the low end of mb quart? I recently purchased the mb quart discus set for a 100$ and thought it would be a good buy as I have had older mb quarts in the past and was very pleased. Yes they where the higher priced componets but I said what the hell is 100 bucks. So will I be kissing the 100$ goodbye or should I Be pleased?Thanks!

ax600
09-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Well I was wondering if anyone who has a low budget like mine has herad the low end of mb quart? I recently purchased the mb quart discus set for a 100$ and thought it would be a good buy as I have had older mb quarts in the past and was very pleased. Yes they where the higher priced componets but I said what the hell is 100 bucks. So will I be kissing the 100$ goodbye or should I Be pleased?Thanks! I have a set of discus comps, and they sound very good. You should be happy. If you look at them they are made up the same as the old QM series that made Mb Quart famous.;)

tbrikner
09-19-2005, 04:58 AM
I have the DSD-216 in my truck bought around 3 years back for $145 on Ebay. Very happy with them powered by my JBL 180.2. I have 2 Memphis PR10 subs too. Installer used the middle crossover setting and theyre still a bit bright, so I have to tone down the highs on my Alpine head unit -2 to -4. Maybe try the lowest setting on the x-over. I forgot the numbers 0, -2, -4?

bigbangtheory
09-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Will do, thanks for the input guys. I feel better about spending the 100 bucks lol!