PDA

View Full Version : 12' jbl gti box recomandations

customlt1
09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Okay well i've had two different boxes for this particular sub, heres my story....i bought a 12' gti and installed it into a 1.00 cubic foot`sealed box like jbl recomands but the back of the box was slanted which made it too small....after pounding the sub for a while the sub started to slowly go down hill....i switched into a 1.50 cubic foot box with once again a slanted back and it still sounded like crap...i finally got a new jbl gti warranted bc of how bad the origianl sub sounded. So as of right now i have a new jbl gti 12' in a 1.50 cubic sealed footbox with a slanted box. The sub sounds okay but i have to set all my gains down bc if i turn them up then i hear a pop....I plan on building a new box probably sealed but will consider ported. Will just a 1.00 cubic foot sealed box like jbl recomands sound very good? any box recomandations would be appreciated....

btw i am running a jbl 1200.1 gto amp and i believe the installer had to wire the sub to 3 ohms?

negativezeroz
09-18-2005, 05:18 PM
I ran a W10GTi in 1.75ft^3 slotted at 27Hz. Sounded **** good running off GTO601.1. If I were you I'd port it.

customlt1
09-18-2005, 07:47 PM
anyone else?