PDA

View Full Version : Ology vs Rainbow vs Iridium If you heard them all or 2 of them come on in

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I need 2 sets of coponets I dont know what to choose
complete clarity is mandator. That is 1st! then i need strong midbass
mayb something i can add an 8'' mayb you know have that option to add

I need the in your face type sound im not a laid back kinda guy, I dont listen to mariah carey, no R.kelly,no bob Marley
Low Bass Notes, Pianos , Violin, organs, drumlines,symbols and such
to get a sample of what i listen to download Lil jon ft.Pastor troy Throw it up
its very agressive music right there in your face agression

what i have heard I dont like mb quart, alpine coponets , boston(old 99 speakers)
Infinity , Diamonds

I need to know wich speakers to choose I havent heard any of this stuff im buying
but im down to the
Ology vs Rainbow Profi V Kick Bass vs Iridium 6.2
if you heard 2 out of 3 let me know what you think
if you only heard 1 let me know what others you heard

the ologys tell it like it is wont hurt my feelings none:naughty:

dynaudio was in my top 3 but its to laid back

i only can get 2 of the drivers so if you tell me to get all of them i will kick your:mad:

Raven
09-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, there are no reviews out for Ology's driver's. However I do hear great things. I would sugguest contacting him, telling him what you want, and make up your own mind. If you want the mainstream route, the ever so popular Rainbow SLCs can offer an amazing sound if you're willing to do the install right.

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Well, there are no reviews out for Ology's driver's. However I do hear great things. I would sugguest contacting him, telling him what you want, and make up your own mind. If you want the mainstream route, the ever so popular Rainbow SLCs can offer an amazing sound if you're willing to do the install right.
I d@mn near forgot a guy did tell me he can make what ever you ask

skierxx5556
09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
if you get the rainbow profi's you wont be dissapointed! I have the Profi Kickbass model and am very happy with them. I listen to anything from 50 cent to Staind to Coheed and Cambria which can be some very hard agressive music. I have had 0 problems with them breaking up and I listen to them loud! Blue can attest to my system he has heard it

Raven
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh, you said Profis, not Soundlines! Whoops. Well, I still stand by what I said.

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
if you get the rainbow profi's you wont be dissapointed! I have the Profi Kickbass model and am very happy with them. I listen to anything from 50 cent to Staind to Coheed and Cambria which can be some very hard agressive music. I have had 0 problems with them breaking up and I listen to them loud! Blue can attest to my system he has heard it
ok ok thats great what other coponets have you heard
keep em coming fellas
o wich set do you have the old ones on speed sound or the new ones on rainbow site

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh, you said Profis, not Soundlines! Whoops. Well, I still stand by what I said.
i probly pm him and get his number and see what we can do

Tirefryr
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm a huge Rainbow fan. If I was not so into DIY and were to buy a pre-assembled component set, I would look no further. My own $.02.

DIPayton
09-17-2005, 09:23 PM
sorry to jump into your thread like this... but does anyone know where to buy Ology, Rainbow, or Iridium components? I know I can just contact Ology for his which I plan on doing some time... but where is a good place to buy the others online? The cheapest price is always nice too.

and to the main topic... no I haven't heard any of them. Ology really seems to know his stuff however and has me convinced... I may try buying something from him. I have no actual proof that they're better but I think it's a good choice if you want to go out with something nobody else you know will have. If I do get a pair, I'll post a review of their quality.

skierxx5556
09-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I have owned MB Quart, Diamond, demoed JL, Alpine, Focal, Boston etc and fell in love with the Rainbows. The model that I have is the brand new ones the same as the one on Rainbows website.

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I have owned MB Quart, Diamond, demoed JL, Alpine, Focal, Boston etc and fell in love with the Rainbows. The model that I have is the brand new ones the same as the one on Rainbows website.
ook i think i talked to you on here about this thanks man thanks for another response
were you get em from and how much?

I'm a huge Rainbow fan. If I was not so into DIY and were to buy a pre-assembled component set, I would look no further. My own $.02.
what is that is that a set you can piece together yourself?

and let me ask you fellas what is the best part of the rainbows? the tweeters or the mids?

Tirefryr
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Everything on the Rainbows is like a perfect seamless blend. The woofers are great, as well as the tweets, and the crossover is the heart that ties them together.

Keep in mind, the application is what is going to make the most out of your components.

Semi-Auto
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Everything on the Rainbows is like a perfect seamless blend. The woofers are great, as well as the tweets, and the crossover is the heart that ties them together.

Keep in mind, the application is what is going to make the most out of your components.
i got you loud and clear

6spdcoupe
09-17-2005, 10:50 PM

The nice big grin on your face when I was done installing them and turned em on confirmed that. ;)

6spdcoupe
09-17-2005, 10:55 PM
As for the comparison...I have no experience with Ology although it sounds promising..maybe a new line for me to pick up in time...

The Rainbows would be me choice with experience between them and the Iridiums. The natural reproduction is the most pleasing Ive owned/sold/installed/etc.. Ive been doing DA,Focal,MBQ,Alumapro,Memphis,Eclipse,Arc,JL,Kicke r,etc,etc for many years.

Suprisingly the tweets CAL25ALK,CAL26Ti sound extremely pleasing to the ear with no fatiguing what so ever, definately not what I was accustomed to with a metal dome tweet. Im personally a silk/fabric fan, but opted for the CAL26Tis in my current setup.

skierxx5556
09-18-2005, 12:14 AM
The nice big grin on your face when I was done installing them and turned em on confirmed that. ;)

The speakers are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Don you are a great guy and I appreciate all your help!!

Semi if you go with the Rainbows you will not be dissapointed.

6spdcoupe
09-18-2005, 12:19 AM
The speakers are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Don you are a great guy and I appreciate all your help!!

Semi if you go with the Rainbows you will not be dissapointed.

Thank you sir, the grin on your face was all I needed ;)

Semi-Auto
09-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Thank you sir, the grin on your face was all I needed ;)
HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR PROFIS?
AND CAN YOU OR 3.6 HELP PUT A GRIN ON MINE TOO:up2somet:

Fitz
09-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Well, there are no reviews out for Ology's driver's.

http://www.ologyaudio.com/reviews.html

I might have him do a set w/ribbon tweets for me.. :D

OlogyAudio
09-19-2005, 07:47 AM
http://www.ologyaudio.com/reviews.html

I might have him do a set w/ribbon tweets for me.. :D

Nice -- yea there are a few reviews... have to get around to tracking other people down and convincing them to take the time to review them but everyone so far has been something to the effect of '****!'... except one guy -- he found out that cartoys wasn't telling the truth about how much depth he had... If this happens to you and you fear you will destroy your car trying to install them... -- you can send the drivers back to PE (or madisound) if they are in like new condition -- the xovers back to me -- and you are only out the shipping costs... -- I do suggest you check if they will fit first hand though instead of trusting cartoys... He only had like an inch and 1/2 before it hit the window instead of the 2.6".

The review I like the most involves the destroying of EDI6500s in every possible way… Both a review of how the Dayton drivers even with a… less than perfect xover owned the 6500s – and that with mine things got another world better :) – mostly involving proper imaging…

I'm at OSU now though so I'll be a little slower designing NEW custom sets. I retrained my dad in the art of assembling xovers so he is doing that... Just need to get him a measurement setup at home as well as here...