PDA

View Full Version : Alpine w/ XM

Flipx99
09-17-2005, 01:50 PM
I heard that alpine has made a new model with XM all you have to do is plug in an XM antenna. Is this true? If so what models?

JLCivic
09-17-2005, 02:24 PM
They made one a year or two ago. You should be able to get the model # off Alpine's website.

Slaugh
09-17-2005, 04:22 PM
yes their names end in XM if im sure now

like CDA-9820XM i guess lol

Alpineinstaller
09-17-2005, 04:27 PM
yeah they make one the part # that slaugh said is right, Im pretty sure they are a nice chunk O' change

adam71
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I would really think this purchase over before you make it. I've always been a "all seperate components" kind of person. I don't like to have too much going on inside the head unit. But to contradict that look at some of the home A/V receivers that have a gajillion things going on inside of them and perform at a high level. So if you're sure you want XM then it might be worth the money. But just make sure that the head unit itself has all the other features you're looking for. What I'm trying to say is DO NOT base your decision to buy that head unit only on the fact that it has an internal XM tuner because if the deck lacks in other areas you'd be screwing yourself. You can always buy a nice deck that performs at a high level and then add an external XM tuner later.:D

Slaugh
09-17-2005, 09:18 PM
also keep in mind it will be very difficult to sell afterwards... since most people who needs XM already has their XM receptor (lol forgot what it is called), and also most people here preffer to spend their money on something that offers the best SOUND for the buck...

also realize that this hu is very simple too and very expensive... with the price you could buy a much better alpine for example...

but if you know you need it lol go for it

Flipx99
09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
See I already have XM and I really like it. the pionner has these terk adapters that are junk and become defective ( ie 1 defect per year ) I was hoping with the "all-in-one" I would have to deal with the substandard adapaters.