PDA

View Full Version : Jensen vm9410 flip out

BassAddictJ
09-16-2005, 03:11 AM
welllll more or less is this a small review until i can get the ffort together to put up a real big review of it in the review section

ok.PROS.....screen quality is OUT OF THIS WORLD. as good as any alpine or pioneer indash ive seen. the face comes out smoothly, doesnt jerk around. the SQ is decent considerign its a flipping jensen. i have my D.A. comps off the memphis 4ch amp and they still sound sweet and delicious....im sure it's be a lil better with an eclipse HU, but hey, still sounds great.....also decent controls as far as EQ's, simple yet effictive...also has an RCA preamp out for a center channal......

CONS. will not always play your disks, for me it wont play certain burned disks and OCCASSIONALLY it wont play a regular store bougth disk (no 40 oz to freedom, iwas LIVID pissed). youll put the disk in and it'll click a bunch of times then not play the disk....BUT i also found that it will always play a CD-RW everytime without acting lame.......weird...mine did it and my friend who bought the same HU does it too..... also the deck has a tendancy to heat up, that surely cant be good for the unit.i mean it has an internal blower fan but sTILL the ***** gets HOT.......

all and all....i paid 400 for mine i though that was a very fair price, brand new with a warranty i think 500 would be reasonable, it's small inconvience to have to put CD's on CD-RW but the screen quality is PHENOMIAL....i was shocked and appauled by the emince quality of the deck.....besides the whole dont want to play certain disks and heat up thing.....great deck

RADEoN
09-16-2005, 02:19 PM
It seems to me that Jensen may be starting to get their **** together. They were good back in the early to mid 90's, then it all went downhill from there.

Good review.