PDA

View Full Version : wiring up tweeters

wlmrs
09-14-2005, 07:36 PM
quick question:If i have a 4 ch amp along with 2 6"x9",2 4"x6",and 2 1" tweeters,how do i wire them all up on that amp?I had the 6x9's on each of their own channels and then i wire the 4x6's and tweeters to the other 2 channels.Well that didn't last very long,i fryed the 4x6's and the tweeters after about 3 months.do the tweeters need there own channels?bass blockers?I don't know...please help thanks

squeak9798
09-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I had the 6x9's on each of their own channels and then i wire the 4x6's and tweeters to the other 2 channels.

That should work fine.

Well that didn't last very long,i fryed the 4x6's and the tweeters after about 3 months.

Then you did something very wrong.

do the tweeters need there own channels?

No

bass blockers?

Well, they definitely need highpassed at a rather high frequency (probably no lower than 2khz, maybe higher depending on the tweeter and what role you have it playing in your stereo). A simple capacitor can achieve this if you didn't have a crossover for them already.

Your 4x6 will likewise need to be highpassed, but at a somewhat lower frequency (probably in the 80-125hz region). Easiest to use the crossover on the amp for this.

Well, #1 problem would be if you didn't have either of them highpassed. #2 problem could possibly be that you were clipping your amp.