PDA

View Full Version : Avic-D1 vs DDX8017 vs. AVN5435

NYRngrs24
09-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Hey. I know there have been many threads about the Pioneer Avic-D1, Kenwood DDX8017 (and nav unit) and the Eclipse AVN5495. Ive seen em all..not only this forum but many others. And they all are the same type of thing..opinions... I want to know which of the three sound the best and are most user friendly. But can you please respond only if you fooled around with the units yourself. All i keep reading about is.."i think eclipse is the best..i just like them..and pioneer has a name..blah blah blah.. "

what i want to know
- User Friendly-ness
- Audio quality with a stock speakers. Out of the box...easy to set EQ?
- How nice is the nav? the views? detailed views? accurate? easy to use? what company makes the nav software?
- The look of the software (GUI) how clear is it. show everything you need? CD text, mp3 ID3 tags, etc.. RDS? (i think kenwood is the only one with that. is it worth it? good to have?
- and anything else you can think of that might be helpful.

I know all 3 units can be hacked so i can use the nav while driving. I don't care about DVDs since i wont be watching them. Sorry if i sounded like an ***. lol Thanks for all the help!

P.S. if anyone has pics or could take some of the units in action if you have the units, like gui, nav. Id really appreciate it. This is an expensive purchase and i want to buy the right thing!. Thanks again!

Flipx99
09-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Why do you want one like that if you don't use the DVD. I think you can get the nav seperately for cheaper unless you want the "all-in-one" kind of deal.

NYRngrs24
09-14-2005, 02:06 AM
well I want a new stereo as well and a better Ipod Connection than what i have now (Wired FM Modualator) I do kinda want the all in one deal cause i dont want to buy a reg HU then an portable nav to sit on my dash. I want to stock look.