PDA

View Full Version : I need box design help

kumar
09-13-2005, 12:24 AM
I need to design two boxes, I need one for a 15" PL15D2 DB drive Platinum series subwoofer which is 2000 rms, and is pushed by a single Memphis 1000d.

The other one is for 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 8" subwoofers. On these I'm going to use for my mid bass and I don't know wether to use a sealed box or a ported, any help here is greatly appreciated. These will be pushed with a crappy patriot 434 until I can get a Memphis 2 channel.

Mainly what I need help finding out is Volume, and Port size.

Also any input on the 15" wether to make bandpass or regular slot ported box.. I plan (within 6 months) to get another 15" pl15d2 but first theres a few other things that I want to do to the truck.

kumar
09-14-2005, 12:17 AM
bump*

Rockford reccomends .25 cubic ft. for each 8, I plan to make 1 box for both subs (because I plan on getting 2 more 8" RF's next paycheck) So what I should do is make my box .5 right? which would be 10(H)X24.5(W)X6(D) it will be a sealed box and should be one open chamber.

Does it sound like I'm on a good track with my box for my 8's? As for th 15" i'm still clueless, because of the port. I think I need to make it 3.1 cubic feet I just have no idea on how to make my port.