PDA

View Full Version : How are CDT CL comps?

AndonD454
09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
lookign at CDT CL 63 braxials... wondering what you guys think about em. my friend has some CLs but i forget how they sound i havent been in his car for a while.

need some components that can keep up with a couple type r 12s. ill have 100 rms per channel prolly and like 150-200 for a set of comps. looking for good midbass and smooth, not harsh tweets. would these take care of me?

Spud2388
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Well the tweeters on the CL line are very nice, not harsh, but scream with the right kind of power. The midbass is kinda where they lack. You can tell its there, but sometimes i feel myself listening to tweeters and subs, not much midbass. I have the CL-62's, which i think is the same equipment as the braxils, just not mounted together. On a scale of 1-10, i would give the tweeters a 9 and the mids a 6. Just my 2 cents. Good for the price, none the less.

iceteebone
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
i love the tweets on the cdt's. the midbass isn't the greatest. it's not bad. it's high average midbass.

AndonD454
09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
what would you guys suggest for under 200 with better midbass? id prefer somethin with attachable tweets somehow.. i have stock 6x8 holes and would rather not have to find a spot to mount tweets and run wires. but i will if its worth it.

how are diamond D6 mids?
what else in in my price range?
id like some decent sq with ability to get loud and retain good midbass.