PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD8445 and Sirius tuner

MegaHurtz
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I just got my Eclipse CD8445 in today and it works like pure hotness, except that my Sirius tuner (SIR-ECL1) doesn't want to work..... we tried the obvious, checked the power, connections, etc and nothing... neither myself or the installer could figure it out. It did however work up to the time that I pulled up to the shop on my CD5425. Does anybody have any information or hints as to what might be the problem? I don't have a manual (unit was a demo, manual was missing, got one on order), so I can't read through it to see if there is something I have to do to turn it on. I am assuming that to access it I hold the AM/FM button like I did on my CD5425. To keep this rant short, can somebody please try and help with this?

slick316
09-12-2005, 09:29 PM
What exactly doesnt work? HU not picking up the Sirius tuner as a source? Have you tried resetting the headunit, maybe removing power to it for a minute and pluging it back in?

MegaHurtz
09-12-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah I can't select the Sirius tuner as a source...

grr I didn't even think of cutting power to the head unit, but I did pull the power to the sirius box and nothing happened. I'll give that a try though, thanks :)

MegaHurtz
09-13-2005, 09:38 PM
ugh, the cable was in the deck upside down. took out the deck and noticed it right away, since it was the opposite on my last deck. switched it to the right way and boom, worked like a charm.

slick316
09-13-2005, 10:32 PM
wtf, isnt it a one way cable? i thought there was only one way of putting that cable in. oh well, it works though.

MegaHurtz
09-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought there was only one way as well, but I guess we both learned something new :confused: