PDA

View Full Version : boston pro 60s

txred0810
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Overall i've never owned a better sounding speaker. I'm pushin these with a PG x200.2 which is pumpin around 245 per side according to the birth sheet. They take the power beautifully and could probably take almost twice that. The only thing i'm a lil dissapointed in is some lacking midbass. I have some Raamat on the way hoping it will make a good improvement in that area. Will deadener make that much of a drastic improvement in midbass?? should i reconsider gettting an amp that will push 300-400x2 to these puppies?? I have them highpassed on my amp at 80hz. These are installed in the doors of my reg cab f-150 mounted with a custom 1/2in MDF baffle.

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Overall i've never owned a better sounding speaker. I'm pushin these with a PG x200.2 which is pumpin around 245 per side according to the birth sheet. They take the power beautifully and could probably take almost twice that. The only thing i'm a lil dissapointed in is some lacking midbass. I have some Raamat on the way hoping it will make a good improvement in that area. Will deadener make that much of a drastic improvement in midbass?? should i reconsider gettting an amp that will push 300-400x2 to these puppies?? I have them highpassed on my amp at 80hz. These are installed in the doors of my reg cab f-150 mounted with a custom 1/2in MDF baffle.

Mess around with about 3-4 dB of boost between say... 100hz and 200hz -- fool around with it :) should add some kick to the midbass -- strong midbass vs relaxed midbass -- its surprising how easy it is to fix with a little EQ... :D Damping + EQ would be more important than say... getting more power to them... -- nothing wrong with giving them 300-400 watts though haha :) if you can do all 3 -- why not

Only things that one can't fix with EQ... sloppy performance -- harmonic distortion -- low xmax :P -- as for the 'sound'... thats mostly in the FR... which EQ is nice for...

Damping will help with some of the harmonic distortion down low -- IMD -- and ermn -- clean up some slop a bit... I NEED to do this on my car... more for the rattles in the doors from all the pressure being generated -- than anything haha...

txred0810
09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Not to sound dumb or anything but how would i go about doing that?? The bass boost on the amp?? Head unit settings?? I believe my head unit has a midbass Q that will boost certain frequencies...could this be it??

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Not to sound dumb or anything but how would i go about doing that?? The bass boost on the amp?? Head unit settings?? I believe my head unit has a midbass Q that will boost certain frequencies...could this be it??

Hopefully your head unit should have some sort of primative EQ :) that would work just fine... -- what is your head unit?

txred0810
09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Kenwood Excelon 579...I just went and messed with it a lil bit and already got some punchy midbass coming out. Amazing what a lil slap to the head will do sometimes. Thanks Ology! I believe the lowest it will let me EQ on the midbass is 500 hz though.

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Kenwood Excelon 579...I just went and messed with it a lil bit and already got some punchy midbass coming out. Amazing what a lil slap to the head will do sometimes. Thanks Ology! I believe the lowest it will let me EQ on the midbass is 500 hz though.

Find a decent cheap EQ that has atleast 1 band/octive -- that way you can mess with ~100hz and ~200hz... if you lower the Q of the EQ on your head unit it may help some more... -- not to mention you can tailor the 'sound' to your likings in the midrange :)

Eugenics
09-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Ology has a habbit of being able to make just about anyone feel stupid ;) does it to me all the time