PDA

View Full Version : Box Designers.. Make some money?

RADEoN
09-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm in dire need of some help here. The person who helps best will get paypalled 10-15 dollars USD.

I need to fit 3 ported W10GTi's in a box that's 31.5x15x21.

It needs to be a low tune. Preferably around 30-35.

I'm not concerned if the SLOT ONLY port is on the back.

Could I use polyfill for this application?

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/W10GTi_rev_f.pdf

By the way, I don't mind inversely mounting. Although, If i were to invert, I'd have to lose around 5 inches off of the depth. and I'd have to invert all 3 because i'm running 3 subs off of 2 amps.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-12-2005, 12:09 AM
God man, that is a small box for 3 subs, especially for a poted enclosure....

Good luck with that.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Why dont you just go sealed, with three of those GTI's, it will get plenty loud for a daily driver.

RADEoN
09-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I just really like ported. Why can't this be done inversely mounted?

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-12-2005, 12:17 AM
You'll have to wait for someone else to answer about the inverse, I have no experience with those setups.. But I would suggest sealed... That is a VERY small box. If it were two subs, you would be fine.

RADEoN
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
I am running 2 right now.

Moe Lester
09-12-2005, 12:35 AM
if you built a single chambered box to those dimensions with 2 4" precision ports from partsexpress and use their full length, youll come up with something in the area of 3.95 cubes @ 30hz. Its not really enough port area, and its a bit small, but you cant do too much better. I dont have BB6p on this computer so i really cant see what a box like that would do.

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 01:03 AM
..... well if you are in a car with a trunk -- these subs don't look so bad for an IB setup :) -- you will end up with about a .6 qtc from just looking at it -- plenty of xmax -- stiff enough suspension to keep xmech from being ran into too ez... -- these aren't subs to be looking to use in a ported box IMHO -- but if you wish... you can pull off a ported alignment -- it is a bit tight though...

PowerNaudio
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
i deleted
you got pm

negativezeroz
09-12-2005, 03:16 PM
..... well if you are in a car with a trunk -- these subs don't look so bad for an IB setup :) -- you will end up with about a .6 qtc from just looking at it -- plenty of xmax -- stiff enough suspension to keep xmech from being ran into too ez... -- these aren't subs to be looking to use in a ported box IMHO -- but if you wish... you can pull off a ported alignment -- it is a bit tight though...

Those subs ARE to be looking for ported if thats what he wants..one of those subs is mine :) Single 10" I was running in 1.75 tuned at 27 (Moe Lester built the enclosure)...does VERY well in that box but since its 3 Kevin doesnt have much room....

I *might* be able to help design the box cuz I can use Autodesk Inventor Prof. 10 at my P.O.E. class so if Moe comes up with dimensions or w/e or you can give me a design and I can make it with free time during class....