PDA

View Full Version : rings/baffles for my rear deck

stiki
09-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Whats up guys, need a little help. I have some eu700's on the way which im going to put in my rear deck. My factory rears are 6x9s so i need some kind of 6x9 -> 7" adapter to mount them. Anyone know where i can purchase some? I saw some people offer to make some simpler rings/baffles for other people on here but im not sure if this is too much of a hassle for someone to do.

So if anyone is up for it or knows where these can be bought let me know. And by the way I don't have any tools(besides a hammer and screwdriver) and i ain't no McGyver so making them myself is out of the question. Thanks fellas!

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Shouldnt be too hard for someone to do for you, and would be cheaper than buying them. I would do it for you, but I **** at hole cutting with a jigsaw :(

req
09-11-2005, 12:57 AM
dude. thats pretty pathetic that you cant cut a piece of 1\2" wood with a jigsaw.

ask your dad for some help dude. just get some selftapping screws and a 2'x4' piece of nice 1\2" plywood (screws bite into it more, IMO - better for random baffles) and make the one ring the inner dimension of the speaker. mount the speaker under it. make the other side the 6x9 outer dimension, and screw it into the underside of the rear deck.

really like a 30 minute job. and thats taking your sweet *** time.

stiki
09-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Well, my dad does have some pretty nice tools...but I live about 1500 miles away from him so that won't work. I live in an apartment, I really dont have room for any tools laying around, so I havent started to build up a tool collection yet. Thanks for the walk-thru req, at least I know how to do it now. I just don't have any tools at my disposal.

req
09-11-2005, 01:40 AM
im sure you could like, find somone in the direct vicinity that owuld be willing to help you out for like 8 minutes while you do it.

and not having tools, thats seriously not good.

what happens if you need to fix somthing?