PDA

View Full Version : Alarm stopped working, help

mickyd32
09-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all

Slody4Futbol
09-09-2005, 10:36 PM
look for blown fuses on the main alarm harness... or see if it's unplugged... the alarm brain will prolly be zip tied under the dash somewhere... may have to take a panel or 2 off to see it

Hook Me Up
09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
yey remove dash, and look for the head unit basically. But before all of that i would go with the fuses. One might of busted and a simple replacement may work again

jlaine
09-10-2005, 02:15 AM
I have a compustar alarm starter on my 1995 gtp. In the fall, I hit a deer with it and it went into the body shop. It came back out and the alarm won't activate and neither will the starter. I have no idea where to even start looking, this is not my field at all

Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.

DIPayton
09-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Take it to a professional - seriously. If you don't have any idea where to start this is a bad way to jump in headfirst.
agreed. The alarm should be covered if it was an aftermarket alarm or if it came with the car, go back to the dealer. Most alarms I've heard of have lifetime warranty or at least a long time warranty.