PDA

View Full Version : componet set

mike75356
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
What kind of componet set would you guys suggest for 2 15" L7's? I have around $300 for them and was looking for a two way set. I want somethin that with both 15's hitting hard i will be able to hear still. I want to be able to hear the treble just like the bass if u know what i mean not just all bass?

OlogyAudio
09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
pfft thats not happening :) -- hate to break it to you but you would have to spend thousands to get that kinda SPL for the mids/highs... and it would be a HELL of an install... you can get into the 120dB arena at that price but not in the 140+... Just lettin ya know :) Granted to your ears 140dB bass sounds just about like 120dB mid/trebble.... if thats good nuff for ya there are options :) -- or just as loud as possible with 300 bucks? Or goin for quality + almost as loud as possible for 300 bucks? :)

mike75356
09-08-2005, 09:18 PM
i want good quality and very nice sound all around....I think i put that in the wrong way.. As a daily driver set up what would go nice with the two 15's? I was looking at the boston acoustic pro 6.5 series but i wanna order them online and at a resonable price

squeak9798
09-08-2005, 09:51 PM
BA Pro's can get very loud, and sound relatively good doing it....and they can also handle assloads of power.

They are a great option. Just my word of recommendation.....don't skimp on power for them. They can handle about anything you can throw at them. 200w x 2 will just make them giggle. 300w+ per side and you'll see them really smile.

adam71
09-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I seriosly doubt he's that worried about SQ if he's running L7s. They aren't the most SQ oriented woofers on the market. So just get the loudest you can.

bri487
09-08-2005, 11:51 PM
diamond D6's, Alpine Type X's, Focal 165v2

bri487
09-08-2005, 11:53 PM
BA Pro's can get very loud, and sound relatively good doing it....and they can also handle assloads of power.

They are a great option. Just my word of recommendation.....don't skimp on power for them. They can handle about anything you can throw at them. 200w x 2 will just make them giggle. 300w+ per side and you'll see them really smile.

i just had those side by side with some new zapco reference red cones and the boston z6's. the zapco just sounds so much better all the way around. they are both a very smooth sounding speaker. i just like the really punchy midbass of the zapcos. also with the z6's, they dont sound as good as either one of the others, but physically, they are louder.

Jdizzle
09-09-2005, 12:41 AM
put some PA speakers and some horns in the back deck and call it a day haha :D:D

mike75356
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Yea i know l7's arent the best sq woofers but i still think the better you can hear the treble the better it is going to sound it would be point less to have something i could only hear with the l7's at low volume. So i just need something that when i put it up loud enough to compete with the bass that will not sound like static and all distorted. Thanks for all the help by the way.

mike75356
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
u guys have any good site i could pick any of the above products at ? They dont have to have a manufactures warranty but it wouldnt hurt... But it has to be $350 or less

OlogyAudio
09-09-2005, 06:08 PM
u guys have any good site i could pick any of the above products at ? They dont have to have a manufactures warranty but it wouldnt hurt... But it has to be $350 or less

... well if you could afford more money... and install them properly... there are some sets that would get you up to ~ 97dB/w/m and you can throw 200 watts at them no problem... you do the math... would need dual 5s per side though and a ribbon tweeter and cost... 2x? or so more than your allocated budget... They would keep up with your subs though... It wouldn't surprise me to see 130dB at the driver's seat on transients from the mids/highs alone...

The Boston acoustic Pros are about *as good as you can do* in terms of loud and still sound good in your budget... There are some PG sets that are about $100ish that would do the job OK as well... If you would trade a few dB for sound quality... there are some Ology Audio sets that would do the job just fine :) -- mine get loud enough you can feel your hearing drift away... pros get louder -- and those other sets I first mentioned... heh... ouch :)

mike75356
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
HOw much do the ology sets run?

bigbangtheory
09-12-2005, 04:15 AM
I was hitting a 156.4 and had all the mb quart 6 1/2" componets up front. Mind you they were the pricy ones but sounded like a concert. Great componets!

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I was hitting a 156.4 and had all the mb quart 6 1/2" componets up front. Mind you they were the pricy ones but sounded like a concert. Great componets!
..... those were your SUBS hitting 156 :) ya? -- talking about the components alone (no sub) here.

saywhat?
09-12-2005, 10:13 AM
pfft thats not happening :) -- hate to break it to you but you would have to spend thousands to get that kinda SPL for the mids/highs... and it would be a HELL of an install... you can get into the 120dB arena at that price but not in the 140+... Just lettin ya know :) Granted to your ears 140dB bass sounds just about like 120dB mid/trebble.... if thats good nuff for ya there are options :) -- or just as loud as possible with 300 bucks? Or goin for quality + almost as loud as possible for 300 bucks? :)

i really think ur retarded.

OlogyAudio
09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
i really think ur retarded.
any reason in particular?

squeak9798
09-12-2005, 11:11 AM
i just had those side by side with some new zapco reference red cones and the boston z6's. the zapco just sounds so much better all the way around. they are both a very smooth sounding speaker. i just like the really punchy midbass of the zapcos. also with the z6's, they dont sound as good as either one of the others, but physically, they are louder.

Just remember that the soundboard isn't the end-all be-all :) Lots of things change from the soundboard to the car.

adam71
09-12-2005, 02:48 PM
any reason in particular?

I think you happen to be pretty damm smart in my opinion. But if someone wanted to be able to hear their components over their subs couldn't they just turn down the fuckin subs.:rolleyes: I don't have the loudest subs in the world, they're more for SQ but if I turn my EBC all the way up they're loud enough to NOT hear my components. So basically if someone wants to hear the whole spectrum of the sound they need to turn down the LOUDEST part am I right?? Instead of getting the loudest, raunchiest comps how about just turning down those raunchy subs first. Once you get so loud you're not really hearing anything but noise.

adam71
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
i just had those side by side with some new zapco reference red cones

Where can one get a peak at what these speakers look like?? The Zapco website doesn't show any speakers or I'm just missing them but I doubt that.:D

bri487
09-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Where can one get a peak at what these speakers look like?? The Zapco website doesn't show any speakers or I'm just missing them but I doubt that.:D

i know they arent on the site. i dont know where you can see them online. your local zapco dealer should have them though. i like the red cones (reference series).