PDA

View Full Version : dls vs rainbow

bigmac16
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
has anybody compared dls iriduims and rainbow pro's (6.5) mids, have a chance to buy both, have heard rainbows but not dls.

Justintoxicated
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I think the DLS would go against the top of the line rainbows with the very top of the line rainbows beating them. But then again the rainbows are about 6x as expensive.

Or so I have been told...

I have not heard the rainbow but heard the DLS and I love mine .

3.5Max6spd
09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
the middle of the road Rainbows have no prob outshining the Iridiums in their own way....
same way a set of SLC's can do so with a pair of Focal Utopias....there are characteristics of each one can only comment on through some listening.

The best you can do is listen for yourself, both great speakers. The only Iridiums to impress me where the 3ways with the 3"soft domes-because 2 way, that tweeter just holds back to much for my tastes. 2way i'll give better midrange clarity to the Seas-like Rainbows as well.

Raven
09-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I would listen to both before making any decisions. It's the only way to be sure. Rainbows are unique in the sense that you could compare their entry level components (Dreamlines) to the world, and they would still hold their own. Like a much more realistic version of the idealism behind Audiobahn. They're just very low color speakers. I'm sure you've seen the reviews.

Which means they're good all around, but if you could find a speaker set with coloration that you like, you're better off getting it instead.

flakko
09-09-2005, 03:49 AM
same way a set of SLC's can do so with a pair of Focal Utopias...
install :p:

but i pick rainbow! im biased of cuz.