PDA

View Full Version : Japan HU w/ a FM expander/converter?

brypink
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if the FM expander/converter works as good as the regular FM on a HU from Japan? How does it hook up to the HU?

yamato1
09-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Someone sent me a Kenwood CD Player from Japan (wasn't quite a high-end model only found in Japan). I had to order the adapter from Melting Pot, a dealer that specializes in Japan market car audio. I think it was $55.00 US, and it was an inline unit between the antenna and head unit. You cannot catch all the stations in your area so you will have to figure out what stations you value the most (FM). You should check out their website, it was somewhat easy to understand.

brypink
09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Someone sent me a Kenwood CD Player from Japan (wasn't quite a high-end model only found in Japan). I had to order the adapter from Melting Pot, a dealer that specializes in Japan market car audio. I think it was $55.00 US, and it was an inline unit between the antenna and head unit. You cannot catch all the stations in your area so you will have to figure out what stations you value the most (FM). You should check out their website, it was somewhat easy to understand.
Thanks for the help...***** that you can't get the whole 20Mhz range of stations. It means I will have to give up one my favorite stations. :crap: