PDA

View Full Version : DEH-P3600 Im a spaz...

wangchung4541
09-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Alright, so i have this HU and its giving me so much **** trouble.

It is a Pioneer HU

First, i was only getting lows out of my rear speakers, but everything else was working fine (SUBS, front comps, etc.)

Now, I played with EQ setting and am getting everything out of my speakers but nothing from my subs. Im not really sure what i did to make it do this. but i believe it is an issue with the HU because both subs arent working.

Any ideas?

It's my first system, so it could be something really basic. i just need help. REWARD $$ for person who fixes probelm.:up2somet:

SSS 18734
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
i've got that same head unit. are u running the speakers off the HU or an amp? subs?

1. Notice on the back there is a full range pre-out and a sub pre-out. Make sure you have the correct one on its corresponding amp.

2. make sure the settings on the amp are correct, such as HPF and LPF

3. If theyre component speakers make sure you have the crossover wired correctly.

4. Reset the unit, i.e. unplug it. See if the system works properly.

wangchung4541
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
i've got that same head unit. are u running the speakers off the HU or an amp? subs?

1. Notice on the back there is a full range pre-out and a sub pre-out. Make sure you have the correct one on its corresponding amp.

2. make sure the settings on the amp are correct, such as HPF and LPF

3. If theyre component speakers make sure you have the crossover wired correctly.

4. Reset the unit, i.e. unplug it. See if the system works properly.

1. I dont know if i can open up my dash again :-/

2. Amp settings are on HPF

3. the subs arent working, the speakers are fine.

4. OK :-)

Mr. Opportunist
09-06-2005, 10:52 PM
should be on lpf not hpf for sub, thats why, you have them playing nothing other then the freq above what you set it at

wangchung4541
09-07-2005, 09:10 PM
should be on lpf not hpf for sub, thats why, you have them playing nothing other then the freq above what you set it at

i figured it out....when i took a turn going 40, the box shifted and pulled out one of the terminals...my amp sensed the resistance and just shut down both subs