PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9831 problem

boomzabit
09-05-2005, 10:36 PM
After turnign my volume up and down after for about 10 minutes. I can no longer adjust my volume i have to reach for my remote and adjust the volume.

By the way How do i block all the bass from my friggen speakers they are really really pissing me off. Do i need a crossover ? between these problems and the fact that every time i start up ym car my subs pop bc my amp has no soft turn on i sometimes want to say to hell with caraudio.

Mr. Opportunist
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
take the hu back?

SSS 18734
09-05-2005, 10:39 PM
why were you constantly turning your volume knob for 10 minutes???

My head unit allows me to independently control the bass frequencies going to my speakers. im sure the alpine would have a feature similar to the one on my pioneer.

mikegett
09-05-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't know anything about your HU, but the turn on pop is quite easy to eleviate. A soft turn on is simply a timed relay built into the amp or HU. Peripheral makes a easy plug and play module for about twenty dollars. Otherwise, you could purchase a 12 volt relay with a 40milisecond or greater delay for a few dollars.

scrappy
09-06-2005, 01:21 AM
why were you constantly turning your volume knob for 10 minutes???

My head unit allows me to independently control the bass frequencies going to my speakers. im sure the alpine would have a feature similar to the one on my pioneer.
For some reason the Alpines dont have a eq for the seperate speakers or atleast I cant find it anywhere. It makes me want an aftermarket eq. My excelon does I think its great

Skip2MyLude
09-06-2005, 03:12 AM
There should be a build-in low pass crossover for you lows to keep low notes from going to your speakers. There also should be subwoofer volume controls.

boomzabit
09-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't know anything about your HU, but the turn on pop is quite easy to eleviate. A soft turn on is simply a timed relay built into the amp or HU. Peripheral makes a easy plug and play module for about twenty dollars. Otherwise, you could purchase a 12 volt relay with a 40milisecond or greater delay for a few dollars.

tell me more. So it must be in my HU ? i dunno

boomzabit
09-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I tried to mess with the crossover on my deck and have had no luck. But yea the deck will freeze up every so often. like ill use the remote then i try and adjust the volume and nothign happens just keeps playing msuic at the same level.