PDA

View Full Version : Why are my speakers doing this?

RumbleNTheTrunk
09-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Alright this past saturday i sound deadened my doors so I had to remove all the speakers....the tweeters are in the door panels/the 6.5"s in the doors....so after i was done I put them back in there...now all the wire to the speakers is correct...but I was thinking maybe I wired the speakers wrong to the crossover? im not sure this is with all wire but is the wire with the strip positive?......im just wondering what my possibilites are to why there doing this...they werent doing this before i took them out.....and I have my 4 channel amp bridged like this..... 1+ 2- 3+ 4- does that sound right?

squeak9798
09-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, I have no idea why your speakers are doing "this" since you never mentioned what "this" is........

ThatDude
09-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Haha, yea you never actually said what your speakers are doing.

RumbleNTheTrunk
09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
yea sorry that was a rushed post...they do this popping crap when i turn the volume up around 21...before i removed them i could have it all the way and no popping distortion or nothin...and thats when i used the MX bass boost...so yea I was wondering what the problem could be...the gains are set the exact same from before...I was thinking it coud be a wiring problem...

watcher7479
09-05-2005, 09:12 PM
usually the wire with strip is negative

JimJ
09-05-2005, 09:14 PM
They can be interchanged, but I've always wired it so the marked wire is positive. Always.

But a DMM will tell you for sure.

Prowler573
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
They can be interchanged, but I've always wired it so the marked wire is positive. Always.

But a DMM will tell you for sure.

Yup - x2.
There's no way for us to know without seeing your install up close whether the wire with marked insulation is positive or negative since it wasn't any of us who ran the wire for you (was it? :D)

I usually use the side with marked insulation as negative since most the Kenwood head units I am so fond of do it that way on the speaker outputs. Makes it easier for me to remember sh*t if everything is done the same.

But it doesn't matter really which side you use for which - tis a matter of preference, I reckon.

Check the leads from the amp with a DMM and see for certain which wire is which then make sure the connections at the crossover and the drivers is done right. Hopefully that'll rid you of your "popping."