PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Speaker Weird?

wangchung4541
09-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I have two SPS170-A 6.5' In. 40W RMS for my rear door speakers. After being hooked up to a Pioneer Premier amp (60W RMS x 4), i could only hear the midbass from one (no tweeter) and nothing from the other speaker. I have a pioneer DEH-3600P HU. I tried to **** with the EQ but it doesnt seem to be the issue. Any ideas? Wiring?

Alpine2005
09-05-2005, 02:59 PM
check the seting on the amp. make sure you set the amps crossover to (HPF) High-Pass-Filter

wangchung4541
09-05-2005, 04:20 PM
check the seting on the amp. make sure you set the amps crossover to (HPF) High-Pass-Filter

alright, well the problem is somewhat fixed.. now i have sound on each side but it is just bass...do i still need to set the crossover to HPS? also, would that affect the way my front speakers sound (they sound very nice right now)?

Hook Me Up
09-05-2005, 04:24 PM
It shouldnt man but if i does just the wiring again and see if you made ne mistakes

Alpine2005
09-05-2005, 04:56 PM
no it won't affect the way your front speakers sound. 4-Channels amps have 2 crossovers for the front & rear channels

What model is the amp? is it the GM-6150F?

if you hooked it up right, the front speakers channels are called Channel A and the rear speaker channels are called Channel B. On the other side are the setting. And each crossover are labeled Channel A & B.

Just set the rear speakers (crossover b) to HPF. I bet its set to LPF thats way they sound just bass

wangchung4541
09-05-2005, 06:49 PM
no it won't affect the way your front speakers sound. 4-Channels amps have 2 crossovers for the front & rear channels

What model is the amp? is it the GM-6150F?

if you hooked it up right, the front speakers channels are called Channel A and the rear speaker channels are called Channel B. On the other side are the setting. And each crossover are labeled Channel A & B.

Just set the rear speakers (crossover b) to HPF. I bet its set to LPF thats way they sound just bass

Hey i do have that 4ch Pioneer. I checked it out and it was set to OFF. the amp looks to be wired correctly however, when i fliked the switch to HPF, no difference ensued. It sounds the same whenever i flick from HPF LPF and OFF. Do i have to turn the stereo on and off to active the new setting? Any other ideas?