PDA

View Full Version : 4" 2-way component set <meta>four inch 4" speaker set comp

theCybe
09-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Pardon the meta-tags, I used google to search the forums, but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd plant some results for the next guy.

Need 4" components with medium-healthy midbass.
Less than a hundred bucks?

Diamond?
Kicker?

Thanks in advance.

cdj
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
You have a PM about the Rainbow CS210 Pro speakers. If you can swing the few extra dollars, nothing else at the price is going to come close in quality.

SSS 18734
09-04-2005, 04:38 PM
if your looking for good midbass you might want to step up the size of the component set. No matter how good quality it is, 4" is simply much too small to get good midbass frequencies.

theCybe
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I know - you should see my doors. :puke:

Short of glassing pods, it's nearly impossible to work w/ them. The speakers mount on the actual doorcard, not in the door; And the window-rail is right behind it. I tried a few different ways to plant some 6.5, but it's basically not gonna happen without an ugly protruding custom-fab. :)

OlogyAudio
09-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I know - you should see my doors. :puke:

Short of glassing pods, it's nearly impossible to work w/ them. The speakers mount on the actual doorcard, not in the door; And the window-rail is right behind it. I tried a few different ways to plant some 6.5, but it's basically not gonna happen without an ugly protruding custom-fab. :)
mmmmmm ugly protruding custom fab... just like what I'm doing? ;) :laugh:

Bake
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
edit: nevermind, read the title again.

jmiller0526
09-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Type X 4"s

audiolife
09-04-2005, 10:18 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1205
you can get decent mb response from them depending on how you do it. iirc you can port these if you give them a smallish enclosure (i would ask someone more up to date with mb's though to be sure) the 4" wont do it nearly as loud as a 6.5 mind you but should stay nice up to a modest loud volume